315 BFG + 17x10.5" + Cobra IRS = tire rub (DUW)

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
guess each car is different (although the offset on the rim makes a big difference)
I have 335's 18's on SSRS, only had to shave a dime size slice off of each irs bolt (both sides) and that was it, fits fine both on and off the lift.

RGrossman

Established Member
I replaced my stock studs that were broek by simply removing the ebrake cable, the rotor and caliper then lift off together and I drove the studs out with a hammer. I then used a few washers and a stock lugnut to suck them on. Worked great...

wjfawb0

Established Member
Here are the pics:

Dsc00227.jpg

Dsc00229.jpg

Dsc00231.jpg

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
So the 17"x10.5" wheels don't fit without spacers, eh?

Is that what the story is?

I just feel bad about putting spacers on my car...

P.S. Where can you get the Replica SVT 10.5" wide chrome wheels, but with the center caps?? I saw them somewhere on the internet, I just can't remember where....

Last edited:

WDW MKR

Established Member
How do the rears sit, compared to the fronts? It's a little hard to tell in the pics, but are the tires still completely inside the upper fender lip? I'm trying to decide if I wanna go this route or use some lugcentric 1/4" spacers with a grinded IRS bolt. My wheels/tires are sitting in the garage, just dying to be installed! :beer:

03'Darin

Established Member
Originally posted by WDW MKR
How do the rears sit, compared to the fronts? It's a little hard to tell in the pics, but are the tires still completely inside the upper fender lip? I'm trying to decide if I wanna go this route or use some lugcentric 1/4" spacers with a grinded IRS bolt. My wheels/tires are sitting in the garage, just dying to be installed! :beer:

With my tire/wheel and spring combo(listed in my sig) I have had the rear tires rub on the fender lip (both sides) a couple of times.

Darin

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
So the 17"x10.5" wheels don't fit without spacers, eh?

I should be buying a set of AFS 17 x 10.5 soon Sean. Most people say that you don't require spacers with a Nitto 315, but pretty much any other brand 315 won't fit. Once I get them you can see for yourself.

yoshis99_cobra

Established Member
If anyone cares I got 18's with 305/35/18 with no spacers and they fit perfectly. I haven't lowered her yet but hope to soon. So at least I know these fit. Oh yeah and they are Nitto's as well. I have pictures if anyone is interested.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
OMG!!! I had a SMILEY FACE on my fuel tank cover just like that, except it's not as distorted as yours! Did you notice that!

Weird....! Haha

mj8

Established Member
yoshis99_cobra said:
If anyone cares I got 18's with 305/35/18 with no spacers and they fit perfectly. I haven't lowered her yet but hope to soon. So at least I know these fit. Oh yeah and they are Nitto's as well. I have pictures if anyone is interested.

Post your pics, I have been wanting to see this exact setup.

Thanks,
MJ

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
o3SnakeBite said:
So does a 10.5" rims and a nitto 315 fit without a spacer?

It must vary from car to car. I have 17x10.5 with 315 nittos and they have plenty of clearance with no spacers or any other mod. When the car is up on the lift it will rub the bolt, but once you put the car on the ground it has about 3/8 to half an inch of clearance. Unless you are doing some Dukes of Hazard jumps, the bolt should never touch the tire.

Last edited:

04cobra408

NorCal SVTOA
Established Member
so im about to get the 10.5 s with 315's in a week or two. im thinkin nittos now. u need to tune or adjust when putting those or??

optx002

Established Member
04cobra408 said:
so im about to get the 10.5 s with 315's in a week or two. im thinkin nittos now. u need to tune or adjust when putting those or??

i dont know what you mean by tune or adjust, but depending on your car, you might need spacers or grind down the irs bolt. i just went with longer studs, 1/2 inch MM spacers and 315 gsd3 which are wider than the nittos.

This is how mine looks with this setup.
1bdc74c7.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread