315/35/20 Forgestar 20x11 not fitting, rubbing

Sloppy Jones

Established Member
315/35R/20 255/35/20 20x11 20x9 stock ride height. Yesterday I tried to mount these up and the rear tires were hitting a bulge in the inner fender when I had it in the air. It only hits that piece when the shocks are decompressed, it drives fine but I can see rubber on that piece of metal. From what I've read no one seems to have this issue, I just wanted to see if anyone has experience with this. It is rubbing the fender liner as well, I figured I could just cut that myself. Any ideas? I'll have pictures posted soon.

Sloppy Jones

Established Member
adkld08jh

Sloppy Jones

Established Member
http://postimg.org/image/adkld08jh/ Gah I'm a noob can't post the picture but here is the link. I just pulled off the wheels and its even hitting the rims, have three chips on the edge of the rim :/ going to get an alignment now. Going to call racing integration Monday to see what can be done. Maybe adjustable pan hard bar?

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
Offsets right and stock ride height. It shouldn't hit but I'm thinking the tire is too tall also. I have the 305's but I forget what the sidewalls are.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I run 315's on 11" stock widened 18" rims... It probably only rubs if the rear is jacked up off the ground.
I removed my shock boots & cut off the bump stop. Also if the plastic inner fender sticks out a little, either cut some off or take self tapping screws to pull it back tight. You'll definitely need a adjustable panhard bar, because they come from the factory with the rear un centered....

benzopyrene

Established Member
Hey when I installed mine....and Im lowered I had to put em on rubbbing and then drop the car. They fall right into place, and then tighten em down. After that I drove em for 1 day and took em back off, found out where they rubbed against the inner fender and took a dremmel to it. Since then no rubbing...... but they always rub in the air. At least thats my experience. Cheers!

JTS_7

Established Member
These are my old wheels. Never had a rubbing issue like this and my car was lowered on sportlines...... especially not in the spot you sent me a picture of. I would get a panhard bar and make sure the axle is centered. I know you're on stock spring but the axle doesnt seem centered.

My neighbor has the same setup which he bought off Jayvee a member here and he is stock height and doesnt rub either.....

KonaFifty

Established Member
55 offset is correct if you want to run short and narrow tires...but it isnt correct if you want wide and tall...

Users who are viewing this thread