315/35/17s and 315/XX/18s

milleniumgt

Established Member
I'm looking for tires for my mustangs, still undecided yet on going with street tires or drag radials. So I was wondering of you could get me prices shipped to NC 28052 for these tires:

315/35/17s
2 x BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KD
2 x BF Goodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial 2
2 x Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
2 x Sumitomo HTR Z

Also I know there are a few other in this size, like yokohamas, Advan, etc. Prices on those would also be greatly appreciated.

315/??/18s

2 x BF Goodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial (315/30/18)

Also I was read online that the BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2s were going to be available in that size also. If those are available I'd definitely like to have the price on those.

Sorry about all of these tire sizes. If you're wondering why 17s and 18s, I have 2 differents sets of wheels and I need tires for the bigger wheels out back. Thank you for your time, your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I ordered Falken RT-615's today in 315/30/18's as I've heard great things on these tires. I don't want a drag radial but something with a little more bite and supposedly these are it. Maybe next week I'll post something if I get them installed. Call Luke at Discount Tire Direct.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
BostonStrangler said:
Will those fit on the stock 03 Cobra wheels?

No, don't try to put a BFG 315 on a 9" wheel, will be way to fat.

Nitto DR in 315 is ok, they run narrower.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Regarding the 315's slowing me down I don't see how they would because I can be more aggresive on take off and then hopefully wot in first and definately in 2nd. I am hoping to run 11's next spring on these tires with no further mods. I am getting these installed this friday morning and have 1/4" spacers if they are needed. I'll post something this weekend on any clearance issues and how they hook.

Stack

Established Member
If you are serious about that quarter and not just looking for a bad ass street stance with those 315's, I am sure you have thought about DR's or full out Slicks right?

I am running a 315 on my rear but I will have a set of Prostars with 10.5 slicks on them for that braggin rights time slip...

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Maybe for now I'm not worried for the lowest time in the quarter. I haven't beefed up my IRS yet so that is why I'm staying with the street tire for now. Plus for now I would rather try to run the lowest time on street tires. I am pretty satisfied now with my eighth mile with the bald Kuhmos. So close the 7 seconds. If I had DR's I don't know if I could fight the urge to launch by sidestepping it for now. I will wait for the rear to get built til then. I don't have a quarter mile near but that should be at least a 12.4 on the streets so I think with the Falken's and a tune I can do a lot better. I will also be visiting the quarter sometime when the weather is cool and maybe get in the 11's on the Falken's. Don't think that will be to bad of a goal. Maybe then I won't be granny shifting but for now I like my clutch and my tranny and rearend. Good Luck.
Later

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
You have the comment about the 22 and the 44 so I didn't know if you hunted anything. Also got the 315's put on yesterday and no problems at all with the 1/4" spacers. Other than now I need extended tip lugnuts also. When the car is in the air the IRS bolts hit the tire so we were sweating it for a while, but I told the tire man to lower the car and hopefully the geometry would change. (learned on this helpful site) What do you know everything cleared!! I still think sooner or later I will take the rears back off and grind a hair off the bolt just for security if I ever decide to jump my car!! lol
I don't know how the tires hook because I want the extended tips before I hammer on it but they look damn fat!!!! Definately wouldn't go any larger as it's close to looking like to much tire now im my opinion!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread