315/35/17 Street radials

AdRock

All I see for 315/35/17 on Discount direct is

Nitto NT 555R Drag Radial
BF Goodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial
Nitto NT-01
BF Goodrich g-Force R1
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

I know there has to be more of them that make this size aren't there?

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
All I see for 315/35/17 on Discount direct is

Nitto NT 555R Drag Radial
BF Goodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial
Nitto NT-01
BF Goodrich g-Force R1
Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

I know there has to be more of them that make this size aren't there?
If you don't see something you are interested in, please let us know.

Will the NITTO 555R's fit on the stock 17X9 '03/04 Cobra rim without any modifications?

This is not recommended for many reasons, #1 being: It is not safe.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How is it not safe?

A 315 is not recommended for a 9" wide wheel because a 315 is roughly 12.4" wide (manufactures may vary) The bead of a 315 will be pinched when seated on a narrow 9" wheel. This pinch causes a lot of problems some that you can see some that you can't.

You can't see this without the proper equipment but tires generate heat from friction when driving on the road. A properly seated tire disperses the heat through areas in the tires shoulder that are designed to handle it. When a tire is pinched or stretched (seated on a wheel that is too wide) the heat is generated in areas not designed for it therefore the tire retains more of it. This can lead your tire to wearing out faster. It can lead to irregular wear patters, difficulty maintaining proper tire pressure and can cause the tread to separate. Prolong exposure to this can lead to a blowout.

KazooGS-T

Established Member
I was under the impression that a nitto is actually smaller in width. Being that my 275 nitto 555r's are about the same actual width as my 245 Yokohama street tires.

Venom351R

Established Member
315 MT ET Streets would be awesome. Im running 275's now but Id need diffrent weld rims b/c the 315's would not fit on my welds I have now. Could run them on m Cobra R rims b/c those are 10.5's but they are so much more heavy then the weld rims and I bought those just for the track anyway.

Discount Tire

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I was under the impression that a nitto is actually smaller in width. Being that my 275 nitto 555r's are about the same actual width as my 245 Yokohama street tires.

Different tire manufactures (Nitto, Yokohama, Goodyear, BFG etc.) measure from different points of their tires, some include more of the sholder with their measurements and some include less. Visit the tire manufactures website and look at the tires specs for the actual measured width. Most tire manufacture have recomended wheel widths for a particular tire as well in these sections.

03TRMN8R

Established Member
Travis,
Do you have the new Mickey Thompson's yet (MT 3744R)? I'm tired of waiting for Summit even though their price was great @ $199.95 a tire.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread