306ci vs 331ci vs 347ci ???

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
yea for the kind of heads and the small cam, and lack of computer tune the numbers arn't half bad. But its about perfect for the turbo kit im putting on it this fall, should have no problem hitting 500whp on a low boost setting.

No offense those numbers are REAL BAD!

My sn95 with just intake,catback,throttlebody intake mani untuned put down 226rwhp and with a tune around 240rwhp

I then had same F cam and trickflow heads and intake with the other bolt ons and i put down 273rwhp untuned and 300rwhp tuned on my stock 302 years back before I built my current 306 poke:

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
No offense those numbers are REAL BAD!

My sn95 with just intake,catback,throttlebody intake mani untuned put down 226rwhp and with a tune around 240rwhp

I then had same F cam and trickflow heads and intake with the other bolt ons and i put down 273rwhp untuned and 300rwhp tuned on my stock 302 years back before I built my current 306 poke:

hmm, interesting. I need to do a compression test on it but the tunre said they wernt bad numbers. I may do a little research just to see what others are putting down with a similar set up. Thanks for the info:beer:

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
a 331/347 is easily 400whp on a stock block. i dont think you need a 351 base. plus it is reliable so long as you keep the rpms reasonible. my z cam'ed afr 165 306 made 34x whp

its all in the combo

blake_colvin

Established Member
a 331/347 is easily 400whp on a stock block. i dont think you need a 351 base. plus it is reliable so long as you keep the rpms reasonible. my z cam'ed afr 165 306 made 34x whp

its all in the combo

i agree. i honestly only want 375+whp thru the t-5, that in a 2800lb car would be 11's easy. and for the fun of it, a 100 shot would get me real close to the 10's which is where id like to be with a power adder. 11 second car n/a that can tear up the corners and a high 10 to low 11 second car on the bottle for the very very occasional track visit

I'm only going for 420ish whp but at my altitude I will need to make around 480whp corrected at sea level.

well as much as id like to put down 400+ thru a notch i dont think i need to to be as fast as i want to be, which it always goes back to reliability but from what ive seen and read a 331-347 will net me the whp ive been wanting and may give me a little extra dough to play with the suspension like i want..

Bw281

Banned
Im not sure of the month but it was a recent issue. it was a budget junkyard build or something of the sort. im not close to the issue right now so im not sure of the parts used but the total cost of parts was around 6500.

If a 347 can net 370+whp on a mild build then id be more than happy going that route to cut down on the cost and weight for the corners (so i can afford some suspension goodies and of course some sort of tranny that will hold the power)

for saving money im hopeing to use the stock 5.0 heads and block and just have the heads port, polished, shaved if needed and buy a stroker assembly and a nice intake mani. hopefully staying around 4k for the engine cost. (ive looked into the 351 and i found several blocks and whatnot for the cheap but im concerned that the weight will be a little much for what i truely intend to used the car for. (50% street(twisties) and 50% street raceing(straight line acceleration)

I don't consider $6500 a budget build at all. You can get a built complete car for not much more. I made the mistake of passing on two built foxes and still regret it(Couldn't get time off work to travel and during school).

Users who are viewing this thread