305/40r18 nt555r

13DIB5.0

Established Member
Whose running these tires? How do they look on the car? How do they hook on the street? I need something better then street tires so I can hook from 40 rolls. Going to try not to be in rain with them but how do they proform?

Reis racing

Established Member
I have them, and they are better then stock when bagging threw the gears. I still have the stock 3.31 gears but will be switching to 3.73 soon.
And they do look nice on my stock 08 wheels, I'll have to make sure they are 40 or the 45s.

Last edited:

Kewlv8

Established Member
Whose running these tires? How do they look on the car? How do they hook on the street? I need something better then street tires so I can hook from 40 rolls. Going to try not to be in rain with them but how do they proform?

I had them, they are OK but I did not like the soft sidewall which was noticeable while cornering. Replaced them with Toyo TQ 315/35/18. The Toyos feel much better regarding sidewall, and equal or better traction. I am on a 10.5 inch rear wheel though.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
I'm on them now for daily driver. Not as sticky as the Nt05r's but has better tread life. For your power level the 555r's From 40 should be ok.

13DIB5.0

Established Member
ID rather run the nto5rs but my car does see a lot of street life and I want to get more then 10k out of them, I no the nto5rs wont but the 555rs should, just looking for something a step above an ultra high performance street tire that is over 27"S tall.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
They will be perfect for that, I used them as DD tires on a '04 Cobra and got just over 10k on them, fine in the rain as long as you respect them.
-J

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
I got them on my car with the FRPP springs. They work pretty good on the street. I dont usally turn so im not worried about cornering.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member

I run these exact size tires in summer for the second year now, to me they are the perfect compromise in traction, tread life in a dd tire. I've been caught in a down pour on the highway and can still go 60-65, above that the back end will get squirly. It would be nice to run the nt05r but I take trips in my car and I just know they would be suicide during rain. My whp numbers are similar to yours with a bit more torque, I run them at 30psi for dd and dead hook from a 20 roll in first, also a 40 roll in second with no wheel spin once they're hot. I might try the r888 next but the sizes they come in with a tiny sidewall leave me skeptical if they would hook as well, I know rain traction would improve but overall I'm very happy with the 555r.

13DIB5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the replies and thats been the biggest problem is finding an 18 that's tall enough. Every thing is wide but under 27 inches tall in 18s and just won't work. Hoping this tire will be a good compromise.

Black Sex

Established Member

I run Nitto Invo's and they hook from a 40 roll in my car in the summer months.

blackvette101

Established Member
My car is super low ao anything taller then 28 just won't fit

really i've done 28.6'' on eibach sportlines which i believe are almost a 2'' drop and 305/45 is 28.8'' it looks like it may fit. 305/40 Should be fine at your power level. But if you do a blower swap they might as well be street tires at that point. My bro has an 11 with similar power that will hook a second gear with 305/35/20 NT555r so you should be good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread