305/35R18 Nitto DR

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
U GOT BIT said:
yea 45 series suck u no
LOL...that's what I think about the 35 series tires. With the 45 series ones, it still looks like you have a tire on the rim, instead of like your wheels are riding directly on the asphalt like it does with 35 series tires. And the likelyhood of your wheels being bent and your tire going flat after driving over a pothole with 45 series tires is a lot less than it is with a 35 series tire.

I know that on the 05 Mustasng GT's, there's enough room for 28" tall tires which is why I previously brought up the 45 series Nitto drag radials in this thread. I thought that the older Mustangs and the Cobras might have as much room in the wheel wells as the 05 GT's do, but I guess I was wrong about that.

03silverdrop

Established Member
BillyGman said:
LOL...that's what I think about the 35 series tires. With the 45 series ones, it still looks like you have a tire on the rim, instead of like your wheels are riding directly on the asphalt like it does with 35 series tires. And the likelyhood of your wheels being bent and your tire going flat after driving over a pothole with 45 series tires is a lot less than it is with a 35 series tire.

I know that on the 05 Mustasng GT's, there's enough room for 28" tall tires which is why I previously brought up the 45 series Nitto drag radials in this thread. I thought that the older Mustangs and the Cobras might have as much room in the wheel wells as the 05 GT's do, but I guess I was wrong about that.
Trust me, it does not look like you are riding on the rim at all with the 35 series tire. That has to do with the width of the tire. If it was a 225/35 series tire, it would look like you had a rubberband wrapped around the rim. I've got the 305/35's on my car and I think they've got a really meaty sidewall. Alot more than the 275/30's on the front.

Last edited:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
03silverdrop said:
Trust me, it does not look like you are riding on the rim at all with the 35 series tire. That has to do with the width of the tire. If it was a 225/35 series tire, it would look like you had a rubberband wrapped around the rim.
Hey, that's a good point. yes, it does have to do with the width of the tire since the "35" number is a percentage of the tire width. Thanks for the corretion on that. I think that the 45's will look better, but if you cannot fit them in the wells, then that doesn't matter.

jay f.

Established Member
Do you guys carry the 555r II which i guess is the "road course" version of the tire? If so whats the price for a 305 or 315 in 18in. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread