305/35/18 NITTO 555r

Sonic Blue 03

Established Member
If you go with BFG or M/T street radials just know that their tread life is very short lived they're comparable to a slick when there almost bald. They have great tracktion all the time, kind of like an MT et street or quick time pro.

whats the average life span of BFG or MT street radial? 4000-6000 miles do to the nature of the compound. Nitto's last 8000 - 15000 miles. <--- driver dependent of course...

The downside, Nittos are not sticky until you Heat them really good, as a cold street will let you know in 1st or 2nd gear if you have more than 350hp or a tall gear.

Just my .02 cents

If you would like to try a set of Nittos on I have a used set sitting in my garage. 150 you can have them. They're plenty of tread left just not sticky enough for what I was doing.

Shoot me an email if you want them for fitment.

[email protected]

Last edited:

Sonic Blue 03

Established Member
M/t best drag radial for street use period....

Not to point anything out but you live in Arizona its warm just about year around. The streets however get cold in NC.

how many sets of MT street radials have you went through? and what kind of mileage did yout get out of them?

Jason

Zeekmann

Established Member
I dont drive my car as a daily driver so the BFG 295 is going on, it just gets me that a 305 Nitto is smaller than the BFG 295. Now when you look at the specs it says different, I just want the widest tire on the back that will fit the rim in a steet drag, anyone with pics please?

Sh!tstang

Established Member
I dont drive my car as a daily driver so the BFG 295 is going on, it just gets me that a 305 Nitto is smaller than the BFG 295. Now when you look at the specs it says different, I just want the widest tire on the back that will fit the rim in a steet drag, anyone with pics please?

I have Nitto's 305x35x18 on a 18x10 rim. Really they don't look as wide as I wanted to be. Next time BFG. Here are some pics.

DSC0090943534f.jpg

DSC00908.jpg

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have the Nitto 305/35/18 on a set of Kazera 18x9.5 rims. The 305s are actually a bit wide for the 9.5. They work fine and are plenty wide. But the tire does pull in a little at the rim compared to the tread width. Ideally a 10" wide rim should be used. But I am a road course guy, so I pay a little more attention to the sidewall than drag racers do. One good thing about the Nittos is, I did not have to change the IRS bolts or do anything else for clearance.

If you drive your car more on the street than at the track, I would do the Nittos. I had 17" Nittos on my stock wheels and put about 8K miles on them. I sold them with about 1/3 the tread still left. As far as hooking. I was going to the track about twice a month for the 2 years I had the 17" Nittos, attesting to their wear factor. My best 60' was 1.68 and was typically around 1.8.

If you go for the Nittos you wont be disappointed. Even if you decide your next set will be the BFGs. They are a great tire. I even used them for some road course driving on several occasions. They did very well. My instructor was shocked when I told him that I was using them. I don't think the BFGs would be so well rounded of a tire.

venom1997

Screwed by the Twins
Established Member

Get the 295 bfgs trust me they hook so much better and are a tad wider than the nitto 305 also the bfg has a soft side wall which will give you more hook and the ride is very nice and soft with the bfgs:beer:

Zeekmann

Established Member
Thanks for everyones info, my first choice was the BFG's I had Nitto 555r's on my 17 inch wheels and they worked good, but we will see how the BFG's work.

Thanks,

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
I have 295/35/18 BFG DR's and i will not be going with them again. I got MAYBE 2500-3000 miles out of mine.... and I never did one burn out and only about 6 track passes.

Im going with nitto 305/35/18's this time around.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^
I would suggest heat cycling your next pair. Heat cycling is going to bond the molecules in the rubber and add a little more life to the tires.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
^
I would suggest heat cycling your next pair. Heat cycling is going to bond the molecules in the rubber and add a little more life to the tires.

Its my understanding that I can have my tires heat cycled through you guys at DT right? providing I buy them from you ofcourse. Im almost ready to order a set of 305/35/18 nitto DR's.

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Its my understanding that I can have my tires heat cycled through you guys at DT right? providing I buy them from you ofcourse. Im almost ready to order a set of 305/35/18 nitto DR's.

We do offer heat cycling for only $15.00 per tire. Let me know when you're ready to place your order and I'll add it to your order :thumbsup:

04mysticvert

Established Member
In the same boat here with tire decisions. Post some pics of the bfs mounted so I.can see them. Will be ordering some tires this week, was thinking about some 315/30 mt's. I also have a 18 x 10 rim, so I would love to see those mounted.

Users who are viewing this thread