302 Stroker??

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
whats up guys, im currently looking to purchase a 302 stroker for my 03 cobra, was trying to get some suggestions on where i should purchase the short block from... A friend of mine just purchased a 302 from coast high performance (CHP) for 2900.00, but i havent seen or heard of too many people running their modular short blocks.. any suggestions would greatly help, as far as the car it currently has a 2.3 whipple :rockon:, that will still be used on the 302...

GodStang

Established Member
what do you guys think of modular power house(MPH)???

They are really really good. Better than Modular Performance. Since the company that built mine is no longer in business my top three would be:

Modular Power house
Boss330
MMR

You could not give me a CHP or a DSS engine for free. Damn thing would blow up so fast and you would have to go through the pain to replace the engine.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
They are really really good. Better than Modular Performance. Since the company that built mine is no longer in business my top three would be:

Modular Power house
Boss330
MMR

You could not give me a CHP or a DSS engine for free. Damn thing would blow up so fast and you would have to go through the pain to replace the engine.

Dang they're that bad?? that sucks one of my friends just picked up a short block from CHP... Well i've been hearing nothing but good from MPH looks like I'm going to give them a call.. thanks :beer:

SlowSVT

Established Member
I would caution against a stroker crank in a Ford mod motor. The added stroke to a 5 liter isn't that bad but these motor stroke is way long to begin with (the 5.4 is horrendous). Your adding 21 cubes which should equate to about 40 hp. Abbing more boost will achive the same thing and leave more piston skirt in the hole and allow you to rev higher. Having $3000 extra to spend on other mods isn't such a bad idea

Just a though

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
I would caution against a stroker crank in a Ford mod motor. The added stroke to a 5 liter isn't that bad but these motor stroke is way long to begin with (the 5.4 is horrendous). Your adding 21 cubes which should equate to about 40 hp. Abbing more boost will achive the same thing and leave more piston skirt in the hole and allow you to rev higher. Having $3000 extra to spend on other mods isn't such a bad idea

Just a though

You bring a Good Point, the thing is my car right now has 58k miles :lol1: and ive been running it at the track for about a year already, i guess you can say i want to take it a safety precaution...

NOMANIAC3

Established Member
Yeah Guys I'm Looking To Rebuild My 03 Cobra Motor Also Motor Is Out The Car On The Stand Should I Just Send The Motor To Mph Or Should I Start Taking Things Off The Motor First Then Send It

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Yeah Guys I'm Looking To Rebuild My 03 Cobra Motor Also Motor Is Out The Car On The Stand Should I Just Send The Motor To Mph Or Should I Start Taking Things Off The Motor First Then Send It

I think i might just end up going with Modular Power House (mph) heard nothing but good from them...

Users who are viewing this thread