3000gt idle problems

928gtp

Established Member
My buddy has a 91 3000gt sl and it wont idle after it warms up. If it hasnt been drivien and is cold, It will idle fine but once it warms up it wont idle, rpms drop to 0 and it cuts off. What could be causing this? Any help is greatly appreciated..

Grimster

Established Member
I remember back in the day I owned a 92 SOHC stealth. Slow as hell, but it was still fun.

Has he tried searching around 3000GT/Stealth International or 3000GT / Stealth / GTO Forum - The Front Page

I had to replace the ECU in my stealth a couple of times. Im not saying he should start with that since it is a pricey fix...but if there is someone in the area with another 1st gen SL ECU you could swap in to see...

01yellercobra

Established Member
My guess would be IAC or vacuum leak. When it's cold the rpms might be high enough to bypass it.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Something with the closed loop operation of the car? Open loop runs fine then goes into a closed loop operation...assuming a 3000GT has closed/open loop operation. Or mechanical issue?

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
I had one; they suck. My advice: Do the timing belt... it's always the damn timing belt with those things.

Users who are viewing this thread