3" over axel + '13 GT500 quads

JpL4K3

Established Member
Anyone running the 3" over axel pipes with the '13 GT500 quads. The GT500 quads are 2.75" diameter but appear to use a ball and socket style clamp... Would this be able to work?

lovebread

Established Member
I think the reason you're not seeing much of a response is because most people do not bother using piping that diameter. Check out how OTA pipes are designed and you'll see the interference with the axle tube...

You're going to experience a lot of rubbing/grinding issues if you're lowered.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I run the Borla OTA's with the 13' GT500 quads on my Boss, but have no input on the 3". I can't think that there is that much gain with the additional .25", and might not be worth the aggravation of rubbing issues that you might get.

JpL4K3

Established Member
I currently have the magnaflow 3" over axel pipes. Issue isn't bad when lowered on my coilovers. The roads around here are pretty smooth though.

kodexkustoms

Established Member
I have lethal OTA's and I'm coilovers and have MASSIVE fitment issues. I'm gonna build a custom set of 3" OTA's but thats the only feasible way to fit 3".

liter of cola

Established Member
RED TURTLE:

"I run the Borla OTA's with the 13' GT500 quads on my Boss, but have no input on the 3". I can't think that there is that much gain with the additional .25", and might not be worth the aggravation of rubbing issues that you might get."

how much are you lowered red turtle??

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
RED TURTLE:

"I run the Borla OTA's with the 13' GT500 quads on my Boss, but have no input on the 3". I can't think that there is that much gain with the additional .25", and might not be worth the aggravation of rubbing issues that you might get."

how much are you lowered red turtle??

BMR's so moderate but not slammed like the sportlines.

liter of cola

Established Member
yeah it looks like all bmr springs drop you 1.5"... the reason I wanted to know is cuz im considering the borla 2.75" ota pipe and wanted to drop my car at least 1.5"...

RED TURTLE: so you say you have no issues with the borla ota pipe while lowered on bmr springs correct? no clanking while hitting dips or bumps in the road? not making any contact with your axle housing correct?

Users who are viewing this thread