3 dudes can't stop laughing after a friend buys a Plaid!

q6543

Established Member
Amazing video... you can tell it's all real and genuine.

I was at the track yesterday and there were no plaids there... but the writing is on the wall... 99% of the cars coming off trailers are slower than this.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Imagine buying something you cannot make better. Maybe these golf pros can do a battery swap, LOLZ. IDK, does a Tesla get a girl hot? This is like dudes who get a real doll, after the novelty, they teleport back to real women. Just wait for the novelty to wear off. Modding, exhaust sound, smell of raw fuel and talking about future plans is a huge part of actual hot rodding.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Amazing video... you can tell it's all real and genuine.

I was at the track yesterday and there were no plaids there... but the writing is on the wall... 99% of the cars coming off trailers are slower than this.
Did 99% of the cars cost 150k? Are 99% of electric cars as fast as Plaid? This comment is just ignorant.

q6543

Established Member
Did 99% of the cars cost 150k? Are 99% of electric cars as fast as Plaid? This comment is just ignorant.

Yup... there were new Maclaren's out( running 11s mind you) ..... 1 6 second car... an alpha omega GTR which both were probably double the plaid.

And hundreds of 9, 10, and 11 second cars with God only knows how much time and money were in them... nothing ignorant about it.
Just reality.

At 150k or less... they are a GD bargain compared to maintenance and inconsistencies with anything running 10s or better.

RIP CFTP gt500, c7 ZR1, c8 ZO6 before it's even out, demons, Maclaren's, Ferrari's under 1 million, any lambo...etc.
It's CHEAP.

Last edited:

quad

Established Member
I believe they are 130k. And I don't think Tesla mark their cars up so there is no negotiating as happens with other manufacturer dealerships. You can add features but whatever price is advertised by Tesla is what they sell for.

The Plaid is right now the fastest EV or ICE production car in the world at any price point. Yeah the Nevera is faster but it is not yet in production. They will also only make 150 of them and they will cost over $2 million. I am sure there will be faster production cars in the next few years. And they will probably be EV or Hybrid the way things are going. We might never see an ICE production car as fast as the Plaid 0-60 or 1/4 mile.

quad

Established Member
Tesla serious with that stupid ass steering wheel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The one benefit is unrestricted views of the instrument cluster. But there are drawbacks also as people have pointed out and it takes getting used to.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I stopped at "Drove here in my lifted Raptor". What a tool.
You should have continued to at least get the acceleration responses.

Still not a Tesla fan, but I can’t deny the insidious acceleration. Their reactions were priceless. Lol. Great video. Great REAL personal reactions.

I’m not getting the half steering wheel. Looks out of place in that car. JMO.

FordMoCo21

Just passing through.
Established Member
I've seen non-car people react similarly in 400hp cars lol... it's all relative. Put John Force in a Plaid and watch it rock him to sleep like a lullaby.

Cool cars. Not the same visceral experience as your typical modded/ICE car.

I've been on MANY wooden roller coasters that were more "fun" due to all the viscerally compelling features, compared to much faster steel coasters. Numbers simply are not everything.

blk02edge

Established Member
What exactly does a space dick look like ?
0_Austin.jpg

SVTsamson22

Established Member
Let's be honest it doesn't have a soul or heart beat from the day it rolls off the dealership it won't get no faster then that. I enjoy the little improvements to my car in my garage image not having a excuse to get away from the wife lol

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Every Tesla driver I have seen looks like Kelsey Grammar. They all think they are the shit although none of them have ever driven anything remotely fast. His last car was probably a Volvo wagon.

Users who are viewing this thread