3" Catback Fitment

mystical

Established Member
Looking into a Bassani or MAC 3". Any fitment issues? Pics and soundclips would be appreciated. Thanks folks.

Stater212

Established Member
Have MAC 3'' on mine, SRA. The passenger pipe on the bend over the axle sometimes rattles on the underbody but very rarely no one notices but me, naturally. Sounds great to me exhaust specs in sig but just witched to O/R X.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
I had 3" Bassani on my old cobra. I loved it. Fit good, sounded good. I wish I would have kept it.

It takes some time get it to line up buts thats about the same with any catback.

getTwisted

Established Member
DSC00078-2.jpg

Last edited:

mystical

Established Member
That looks great tips are perfect! Bassani looks the best, Mac sounds the best IMO.

GodStang

Established Member
That looks great tips are perfect! Bassani looks the best, Mac sounds the best IMO.

SRA or IRS? I am running JBA because they where the only one with SS IRS Catback. Swapping the Mufflers to XR-1s. I have run Bassani and MAC and the quality of MAC is horrible and should not be put on anything other than a fox body.

wesking1

Established Member
SRA or IRS? I am running JBA because they where the only one with SS IRS Catback. Swapping the Mufflers to XR-1s. I have run Bassani and MAC and the quality of MAC is horrible and should not be put on anything other than a fox body.

You have a video of the xr-1s would love to hear them

getTwisted

Established Member

Do you mean back when these cars came out JBA was the only SS exhaust?

lucheski

Established Member
I've got Mac 3" Inch on mine, I also get some rattle on the passenger side tail pipe. Bending the bracket a little and tightening the bolt seem to help but the bolt seems to loosen over time and rattle again.

Users who are viewing this thread