3.73s to 3.31s

Jrt

Established Member
Hey guys need some help,I have a 2015 gt performance pack with 3.73s it is a manual car that is boosted has around 700whp ..so 1st gear is useless my question is would 3.31s be my best bet and also di I need to have the car returned for the gears beings that it's a manual car?

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I put some 3.31's in my BOSS with around the same power also. I love them. More usable gears. The only downside is you can actually bog in 6th when going up a small grade and not going fast enough. It takes a bit to get used to. But I would recommend it.

scotmach

Established Member
There are no changes made in the PCM on 2015+ cars since the information is stored in the BCM. You will need to address that should you swap to 3.31's.

pwt's17

Seems I read that the 4 and 6 cylinder pumpkins are aluminum, while the GT pumpkin is iron or steel.

pwt's17

My research suggests the change to steel on the GT was for strength. Apparently the aluminum version was thought to be too weak for 435 horsepower. I would think putting the aluminum pumpkin behind 700 horsepower would not end well.

Jrt

Established Member
My research suggests the change to steel on the GT was for strength. Apparently the aluminum version was thought to be too weak for 435 horsepower. I would think putting the aluminum pumpkin behind 700 horsepower would not end well.
I agree..I found a cast steel housing with 331s,thanks for the response

Sent from my SM-G955U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You will need to correct the speedometer reading for the new ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread