3.73 or 4.10 gears?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
SonicVenum has some 4.10's on. I know once he was on the move & really got on it, it seemed like he was real quick.

Tetge...that cause Racerats a girl & ur just a dude...dude. :)

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
And we have ourselves another 777 milestone....

stang99

RaceRat knows what she is talking about. I always check her posts because she does not BS. Honesty comes through and that is one of the nice things about this board.
Check the regional forum for my LACR results this morning. You all better keep practicing cause I am.

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
SonicVenum has some 4.10's on. I know once he was on the move & really got on it, it seemed like he was real quick.

Tetge...that cause Racerats a girl & ur just a dude...dude. :)

JohnsDSGVert

Established Member
4:10 vs 3:73

I recently did the 4:10 gear.....my desire was the quickest 0 - 60
I have alot of the same mods....and I have 315 Nitto's

Hooking up is no problem

2nd and 3rd are unbelievable

6th gear at 60mph was 1750rpms with the 4:10 60mph is 2050.

I love the 4:10....it is awesome out of the hole....and I'm not going to drive 170 mph

For me......4:10 was the best mod I did.

Drawbacks......my wheel hop increased and am having to install the poly bushings and hard launch brace.....it's worth it.

Good luck....

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Re: 4:10 vs 3:73

Originally posted by John Himsel

Drawbacks......my wheel hop increased .
The very reason I considered 3.27's. A little less shock to the halfshafts would be a good thing in my case.

Tetge...thanks. I pass on what I learn from folks a lot smarter than me, and then some of it I just learned the hard way. ;-)

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
Is it true that 3.73 and 4.10 reduce your rwhp??
Gears don't reduce or increase the actual horspower, but instead change how quickly you get into the powerband.

Pyro

Established Member
That is what I thought but someone mentioned how it effects the HP. Maybe he was talking about how the Dyno interprets the input with a gear swap in which case it would be an operator or set up issue.

wicked03snake

Established Member
the live axle i got has a 3.27 in it im gonna see how i like it cuz i get 0 traction on the street with the 3.55s and i cant go to the track very much. last time i dynoed i made a little over 470 tq and ive done some mods since then and i think it would help offset the weight loss of the live axle on the rear of the car.

Wild Bill

Established Member
Originally posted by Shadowgray03
I personally love the stock gears, any more low end grunt and I couldnt get the car moving due to spinning tires.
Agreed. I think these gears are perfect for this car.Do you only care about the 1/4?

Users who are viewing this thread