3.7 mustang vs 370z

mustangmiller

Deuce Performance
Established Member
My car is a 2012 Performance package with CAI and GT500 cat-back exhaust. He said his car had Axle back exhaust and CAI. We run from a 35 roll he honks it off. I hit second and spin quite a bit, went to about 70 and shut down he put a half a car on me. then we went from a 45 and i instantly put a half a car on him as soon as we were off, he missed a gear and we shut down. Happy with the outcome. Love my V6! :rockon:

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice! this is killer...now those 370s can't brag about "just havin a v6" cuz that's what you just ran with and beat him in...a v6 and it's a MUSTANG YEAH!

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I haven't heard much about the 3.7 with F/I? Very interested to see what numbers they

put down and track times....

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
my 370Z pulled pretty hard 12.5 at 110 1.81 60ft

didnt know the stang 6 ran that fast

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
big bullshit if that is stock. bottom 13's maybe with a good driver, totally stock.

:lol:

not stock....

stillen intakes, FI long tubes and exhaust, gears and uprev tune

theres a 12.4 and 12.2 out there with the same mods....like i said i had noo idea the v6 stang was on that level

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Even so I don't see a 2012 V6 stang pulling on a 370. Now a 350? Totally believable.

yeah i hear that, i dont see it either unless the Z driver was just god aweful

the the 370z's are pretty strong on the highway too

its funny cause the v6 stangs are getting all this respect now from everyone, and the import v6 has been doing this for years but they were not getting the props it deserved.

theres was a guy on all ford mustangs talking about how he thinks the v6 stangs are quite possibly the next buick Grand nationals!:lol::lol::lol::lol: and even coming down on the 5.0 saying 2 extra cylinders dont mean jack :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
yeah i hear that, i dont see it either unless the Z driver was just god aweful
the the 370z's are pretty strong on the highway too
its funny cause the v6 stangs are getting all this respect now from everyone, and the import v6 has been doing this for years but they were not getting the props it deserved.
theres was a guy on all ford mustangs talking about how he thinks the v6 stangs are quite possibly the next buick Grand nationals!:lol::lol::lol::lol: and even coming down on the 5.0 saying 2 extra cylinders dont mean jack :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
The Z's have always been one of the top car's for Nissan. The V6 Mustang however was a simple pony car aimed at nothing but sales (which they did). The new V6 Mustang simply surprised a lot for its handling, speed, MPG (admit it, the Z's in fact the VQ's get horrible gas mileage for what they are compared to the new Mustang). Compare it to its previous one, its a whole different car almost taking out the mid tier aka the Mustang GT (from '10 and below).

Now I would'nt call it the next buick or the 5.0 being nothing :lol1: But its great addition to Ford knowing that their lowest Mustang can compete against some bigger car's from other companies.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Even so I don't see a 2012 V6 stang pulling on a 370. Now a 350? Totally believable.

Even then, the HR 350Zs from 2007 and up have run best times of 13.2, even a 13.1 stock. I don't know if I've ever seen a 2011 V6 get there without mods yet.

Here's a video that was posted way back:

[youtube_browser]G6w_Q19XlAQ[/youtube_browser]

13.3 there, but in the same conditions he is walking a 2001 4V with bolt-ons.

ihatepotholes

Established Member
lol big BS. you know a mustang owner made up the story when he says the other car has an "axle back" exhaust.

there are only cat back exhausts for 370z on the market, with exception of megan. and nobody with 370z bought megan anything.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Even then, the HR 350Zs from 2007 and up have run best times of 13.2, even a 13.1 stock. I don't know if I've ever seen a 2011 V6 get there without mods yet.
Here's a video that was posted way back:
[youtube_browser]G6w_Q19XlAQ[/youtube_browser]
13.3 there, but in the same conditions he is walking a 2001 4V with bolt-ons.
I don't think ive seen a 370Z get faster than 13.0 stock. It can happen, im sure the 370Z is the faster car but wrong gear/low RPM mightve cost the race.

That Cobra was the faster car compared to the 350Z yet the 350Z still beat it. Same scenerio here.

Users who are viewing this thread