3.7 mustang v6 into Ford Capri, help with wiring and electronics

Beaverman

I have a 2012 mustang 3.7 v6 going into a 1984 Ford Capri, ( I believe in the states these where Mercury Capri). The mechanical side there is no problems, just modifying mounts etc.
The problem comes to the electrical side of things.
i have the full wiring harness,ECU, ignition key, steering column and dash from the mustang, what do I need to do/modify to get this thing running.
many thanks in advance

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
I have a 2012 mustang 3.7 v6 going into a 1984 Ford Capri, ( I believe in the states these where Mercury Capri). The mechanical side there is no problems, just modifying mounts etc.
The problem comes to the electrical side of things.
i have the full wiring harness,ECU, ignition key, steering column and dash from the mustang, what do I need to do/modify to get this thing running.
many thanks in advance

Well, if you have all the wiring and modules from the 2012 Mustang, including the original key and the instrument cluster, then you are all set. You can just hook everything up and it should start and run. (In the 2012 Mustang, PATS is in the instrument cluster, so you must have the cluster and matching key to make it run.)

If you do not want to use the 2012 Cluster, then you need to have PATS turned off inside the PCM. I would suggest you contact Eric Brooks, Brooksspeed.com, and send him your PCM to get PATS removed.

If you want to get down to just the basics, contact Hotwireauto.com, they can take your factory harnesses and make a simple harness to make the engine and trans run.

Walt

Users who are viewing this thread