• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

3.5L Ecoboost Retro-Fit

Discussion in 'EcoBoost Engines' started by walt460, Jul 2, 2013.

1. RegularCab

RegularCab New Member

Hi Walt,

I've run into a bit of an issue with Randy. He now claims that he will be keeping my deposit of $500 that I paid him for the 2.7 weeks before I saw the engine (and the 8" crack that foiled our deal) He claims that I spoiled the deal by not wanting to return to Phoenix to purchase the engine after he has repaired the crack. Odd turn of events, for sure, but there is one thing bothering me.

His friend Mel (I do not know his last name, but he is a helicopter pilot) was generous enough to help us while I was there. I would like to reimburse him for his time but do not have his contact info. Would you happen to have his phone number?

If you see this, thanks in advance.

2. walt460

walt460 SN95 Judge Established Member

RegularCab,

I have also met his buddy Mel, great guy, but I don't know his last name or how to contact him. Sorry.

3. DJRaydiate

DJRaydiate New Member

Hi everyone. I'd like to suggest an option for the power steering issue. Some Toyota MR2s and some Volvos have electrohydrolic power steering pumps. These units sit on the body of the car vs the engine and require little wiring (for the mr2 pump anyway). I'm sure there are other makes and models that have this type of pump as well. One would have to make or have some custom lines made to transition from the electro pump to the rack. Most hydrolock shops can do this if you don't have the proper crimps to make your own.

This was a mod in the DSM community while trying to free up some hp by not having to drive the factory pump on an i4. Some grassroots racing people have also used these types of pumps building their cars. Just figured I'd try to help with the ecoswap discussion.

4. DJRaydiate

DJRaydiate New Member

Just saw this and thought I'd share it here for anyone looking. He explains how to wire up the pump as well as hooking it up. Though one may not get as lucky for the same high pressure side fittings lol.