3.5 EcoBoost Swap help

Boosted Falcon

I have a 2016 3.5EB out of a Expedition going into to a 64 Falcon. The salvage yard cut the engine harness off the engine but did leave the plugs so I can at least see the wire colors.
I have purchased a 2016 F150 engine harness which I have been told by Ford Performance parts will work with the control pack.
So far with the limited time I have spent on plugging in the new engine harness I have found a few differences in wire color and number of wires in the plug for the coil packs as an example.
I have checked that and found that the coil packs are the same across and number of years and EB engines.
I am in the process of getting a Ford wiring diagram for both F150 and Expedition.
Advice/comment from folks that have EB experience is what I am looking for. Other than the coil packs plugs (Expedition has 3 wires F150 has 2) and wire colors being different on things like Cam sensors so far I have found the connectors will plug in.

Thanks

Boosted Falcon

New question, I am in the process of making engine mounts for my 3.5EB 64 Falcon swap. I have been told that the blocks at the motor mount mounting bosses are a weak/thin and should consider using the OEM mounts. (the block looks pretty stout to me but have not been inside the engine) Due to space limitations I don't have many options.
LS Motor Mount..jpg
This is the mount I have made for the left side the right side will also use all 5 mount bosses. Which I would think is spreading the load over 8-9 inch of the block. Any feed back is welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread