3.4 Whipple E85 return Fuel System

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
Well, I will soon be purchasing a 3.4 Whipple (3.5 Pulley and I had a few questions for the tuners and guys that are running a return fuel system on
E85.

I am looking to make anywhere between 740rwhp and 780rwhp and when the shortblock give way and I upgrade, I'll still want to stay around that Horsepower range.

Fore Fuel Hat with Dual Walbro Pumps, -8AN Feed and -6AN return, Fore 10m Fuel Filter, Aeromotive A1000 Regulator, Fore Fuel Rails, High Impendance 105lbs. injectors.

Will this return set up support the above RWHP?

I think the Fore Triple Hat with 3 Pumps may be overkill for me. I dont care to go into the 800-900rwhp range.

GoatSlayer

Banned
You need an -10AN feed for E85. In my opinion i would go with the Triple hat with 3 pumpls just to be safe for your power level

GodStang

Established Member
Fore Hat Triple Walbro GSS342s
FRPP 80s (Supports to 850rwhp on E85 with a good tuner)
Fore Regulator
-10an Feed is nice also.
Make sure your fuel line can with stand E85. We have talked to many company's lately and many are not E85 compatible. Teflon Coated is the best.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
Well, I was thinking about the triple pump set up by Fore. However, if a pumps goes out you literally have to destroy it to get it out of the Hat. I think I am going to go with a big single pump.

Which big single pump will handle my power with 80lbs. injectors?

GodStang

Established Member
Well, I was thinking about the triple pump set up by Fore. However, if a pumps goes out you literally have to destroy it to get it out of the Hat. I think I am going to go with a big single pump.

Which big single pump will handle my power with 80lbs. injectors?

Destroy it? Destroy what? I can drop a fuel tank in less than an hour and yank you the hat. It just plugs in. You slide the pump out and pump a new one in.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
Destroy it? Destroy what? I can drop a fuel tank in less than an hour and yank you the hat. It just plugs in. You slide the pump out and pump a new one in.
I promise you it wasnt that easy to slide those pumps out. I can drop my tank and hat in 30 mintues as well. I bet when people start changing pumps out of the Hat then we will hear more about that problem. I guess thats why you always see the pumps in the Hat for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread