3.4 guys come in!

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
I need help deciding on what upper pulley to run. I'm stuck between the 3.2 and 3.5. The blower is a gen2 non crusher and I'm looking at making around 750hp on e85. The car will also have pacesetter 1 5/8 lt's and ill be running the stock lower if that helps.

1raresnake

Established Member
I would take both pulleys to the dyno and see what happens there. I just recently made close to the numbers your looking for on With my 2.9 whipple on E85.

Last edited:

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
I was, just decided to go a different route. The tvs is a bad bitch but I just had a change of heart. Hopefully I'm making the right decision as to what I'm looking for out of the car.

I've got a feeling you made the right choice! ;-):rockon:

04torchred

Established Member
3.5" with a stock lower (7.60") should give you about 23-25psi depending on elevation and other engine parameters(cams, ported heads, etc.)

Should make your goal with that pulley I think.

BigWill90

Established Member
I have a 3.4 build near completion I also have a 3.2 pulley & stock lower , post your result.. What I'am worried about most is belt slippage ..

Jerry03cobra

Established Member
My old set up was MMR 1500 with whipple 3.4 with Crusher inlet and a 3.4 upper and stock lower. I had all the idlers and from 5500 RPM 27 PSI at 6000RPM it would slip down to 24 PSI. I got tired of all the belt slipping and belts breaking and bearing going out on the idlers t sold all my supercharger and going TT Turbo... still made 903HP 875

Last edited:

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
I've got a feeling you made the right choice! ;-):rockon:

I think so too :beer:

Thanks for the info guys. I'm going to try the 3.5 upper and hope for good numbers. As long as it hits 700hp then ill be happy. Im also hoping with the larger 3.5 the belt slip want be an issue.

ssfed

Established Member
I have a 3.4 whipple with the crusher inlet with a 3.5 upper with a 4lb lower on e85 with no belt slip it pegged my 30lb boost gauge which i think it was off a little i think boost should be around 28psi.and Eric Brooks tuned it the car is scary fast.

BigWill90

Established Member
I have a 3.4 whipple with the crusher inlet with a 3.5 upper with a 4lb lower on e85 with no belt slip it pegged my 30lb boost gauge which i think it was off a little i think boost should be around 28psi.and Eric Brooks tuned it the car is scary fast.

How much power did it make , I also have a crusher inlet , full exhaust , bullet custom cams , 4r70w & dry shot to help the auto out ..

xsboosted

Established Member
i have a 3.4 whipple crusher car with cams on e85 and built bottom end, dropping it off tommorow at my tuners shop to be tuned on a mustang dyno. 3.2 pulley by the way.

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
see sig...i have the 3.20 upper,stock lower making 28psi. couple things...

1) get a beefy tensioner ie. thumpRRR

2) if your running cams get the upgraded bypass actuator from whipple. ive been plauged with idle issues and talked with tech support at Whipple. they advised me that the standard bypass cant handle big cams causing huge idle problems. they now have one with kevlar internals that is supposed to really help when running say 10lbs of vac vs 20 on stock cams. mine should be here tomorrow so we shall see.

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
My car on a stock bot end made low 700s on e85 on 18psi I don't see why you can't make 750 .....I hurt the old motor now I built a teksid 9.5to1 with ported heads and really mild cams iam also go to go visit my tuner on Tuesday hopefully it makes 750rwhp. .. but would like 800.

BigWill90

Established Member

2) if your running cams get the upgraded bypass actuator from whipple. ive been plauged with idle issues and talked with tech support at Whipple. they advised me that the standard bypass cant handle big cams causing huge idle problems. they now have one with kevlar internals that is supposed to really help when running say 10lbs of vac vs 20 on stock cams. mine should be here tomorrow so we shall see.

I've read a few post where RRR tensioner didn't help with belt slip only made it worse I have one but it's not on the motor wanted to see how the stock tensioner holds up first ,as far as the bypass actuator keeping my fingers cross on that had no idea it needed to be upgrade ...Live & learn..

Last edited:

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member

Thanks for the heads up. I have planned on running a upr tensioner, I know they are cheaper but if I run the 3.5 pulley I think ill be fine. How much did that actuator run you? Mine was damaged by the previous owner so I need a new one along with a throttle cable bracket.

Users who are viewing this thread