3.25 pulley vs 3.33 pulley 14 GT torque booster

Go551

Established Member
Hello everyone,
I purchased the torque booster from beefcake. However, I currently run the stock 3.8 on my Paxton. It has torn the belt twice. It seems to be off by one rib closest to the motor. Anyway, now that I am upgrading I wanted to go with the 3.25 pulley because it has a lip to keep the belt in. The 3.33 is just like the 3.8 level rib so I am afraid it may skip a rib and tear with the smaller pulley as well. So, I have 10-pound spring will the 3.25 perform just as well as the 3.33. Thanks

PC03GT

Established Member
You shouldn't be shredding belts. The smaller the pulley the more heat you're going to make with the blower

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The lip won't really help like that. Depending how bad the alignment is off either the belt will ride against the lip and get the edge torn up or it'll jump and it'll cut the rib off just like before. Figure out your alignment issue before getting too deep into things.

Go551

Established Member
You are probably right, I just figured since it was only off one rib it would fix it. I might just put a few washers between the blower and plate to push the pulley closer to the motor and eliminate the small gap:)

Users who are viewing this thread