Upgraded Dual Pump setup - Fore triple 465lph with F3 Controller
Upgraded J2fab modded I/C to VMP intercooler

Final Tuning supposed to happen tomorrow

Ooo can’t wait to see how she does.

03' White Snake

Established Member
849/824 at 28psi
3.1" upper and 4lb lower pulley
Tuner did not feel comfortable adding more boost.
Did "not want to run over 30psi boost with a Kennebell" and this was a safe level that can be "beat on" and reliable
Was not able yet to get logs or temps like IAT2

Nice. Sounds like it pulls good.

Going back to pg 1 of the thread, this is a built motor? You made 800 on 18 psi before? I would have expected more than 850 at 28 psi. I was expecting 900+ with a mammoth too.

I made 822 on 22 psi on my car. Similar build, I only have a 2.8h too. I'm expecting close to 900 on 26 psi if I can do that without issues. Yet to do that though.

cj428mach

Established Member
Nice. Sounds like it pulls good.

Going back to pg 1 of the thread, this is a built motor? You made 800 on 18 psi before? I would have expected more than 850 at 28 psi. I was expecting 900+ with a mammoth too.

I made 822 on 22 psi on my car. Similar build, I only have a 2.8h too. I'm expecting close to 900 on 26 psi if I can do that without issues. Yet to do that though.

I agree I'd be a little down if I only made 849rwhp at close to 30psi on a stock motor. With cams and that boost level id want to be shooting for 1k rwhp.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Let the guy enjoy his toy for a bit before we start nit picking.

We don't know timing numbers or what IAT's were like. The tuner might have really low timing numbers in it right now.

stangfreak

Established Member
Enjoy the car bro. Iv seen cars tuned by.,.......eh, the BEST modular tuner in the world. GT500.......950rwhp. 03 cobra.......800rwhp through a TH800. Show up at dyno day, not even close to what the car made at the OTHER shop . came to track rental, didn't even run or trap what a "950" rwhp should run.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Let the guy enjoy his toy for a bit before we start nit picking.

We don't know timing numbers or what IAT's were like. The tuner might have really low timing numbers in it right now.

Believe me, I’m not nit picking. I am a big KB fan, just not what I was expecting. Built motor, 10.5 CR and that much boost. Something seems off. Stock motor, would sound about right, but not with that much CR.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
That KB gets HOT at high boost..... That is not the blower for big boost imo. They generate a shit ton of heat and always have.

The most power ive ever seen on a Mustang on a Mustang dyno was a 4.5 KB at 1400+ whp so they can definately make some power but an FI Interchiller is a MUST and I mean MUST with ANY KB setup!

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Enjoy the car bro. Iv seen cars tuned by.,.......eh, the BEST modular tuner in the world. GT500.......950rwhp. 03 cobra.......800rwhp through a TH800. Show up at dyno day, not even close to what the car made at the OTHER shop . came to track rental, didn't even run or trap what a "950" rwhp should run.

Sure, but a built engine with ported heads and a big blower like that should make considerably more power at 28#'s under any considerable scenario, unless the 3.2 is simply that inefficient. There are so few of them out there, this is the first time I've seen numbers. The 2.8 makes all that and more.

The dyno graph flat lines at 6k on, are you getting blowout maybe? Without knowing engine/cam specifics, I'd like to think it pulls harder higher up. At 28#'s and 10.5, you should 100% be running BR7ef's gapped in the teens, hopefully you don't still have the TR6 in.

I'd love to see the iat temps of this blower. The engine builder was trying to talk me in to the 3.2 and said that if I want to reach my goals, forget the whipple 3.0 and go to the 3.2. I'm glad I didn't listen and did my own research.

Last edited:

DCguy

Established Member
Would be good to know a few things any time dyno numbers are mentioned…

Mustang dyno?
Standard or corrected?
Elevation
Ambient temps
Etc

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
im glad you switched to the vmp core. i have seen nothing but good things compared to j2.

also, i hate to ride the bandwagon on this... but ditch the KB. they make too much heat and something is not right at the amount of boost pressure you are making. i agree with the tuner not wanting to turn that up.

if you had an off the shelf gen5 whipple on there youd make 1k without breaking a sweat. and if you got the race ported version and ran 28psi with the gen5, youd be in the 1100+ territory with broke7 and all the other heavy hitters.

sometimes its not about sticking with a preferred company anymore, especially when their products dont perform.

Users who are viewing this thread