3.0 L swap in.

twiztid

What would be wrong with doing that. And in the same note I know they got big #'s on the Vortech for the Cougar, equvilant of a new 4.6 according to the testers. So would the 3.0L and Vortech go in line with this? Do they offer bigger injectors and fuel pump for this kit, also a chip and optimizing fuel to a 93 octane with timing adjusting would be nice too.

Just throwing something out there.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
No one has done the 3.0L SC yet due to using the SVT heads and the 3.0 block yields to high of a C/R for it. Also another problem with the 3.0 is there is no place for the oil cooler. I would like the 3.0L + N2O Combo better honestly.

As far as the SC is concerned, from what i know the only person to get the SC running right is WorldTour here (or MisteGrym over on the CEG) at 295hp at the wheels, most of the others I believe are at 'only' 250hp. I'm not sold on the SC yet til the results are universal.

Rara

Established Member
Worldtour's S/C and jackshaft just had some problems and are on their way back to vortech for warranty, but the car is still fine.

Anyway, as to the 3L swap, I would highly suggest getting a '01 Taurus 3L longblock and put in the SVT upper/lower intake and cams. The 3L heads will have larger valves than the 2.5L heads and it will keep the CR to a reasonable level. Any 3L heads before '01 won't work though, as the water pump drive is different, and would require additional modification to make it work. I would guesstimate hp to be in the 240-260 range at the flywheel with potential for more.

PhatSVT

Established Member
i have the S/C on my tour and i recently have dynoed my car. it was 92 degrees in the shop so i should have waited for cooler weather but i was curious about how my tuning has come along. i dynoed at 266FWHP and 205FWTQ. the horsepower starts at 160FWHP and peaks at 7K rpm. torque has a nice curve. its pretty much flat the whole time staying around 200 lbs tq. i have had the S/C for 12Kmiles on the car and i drive the thing through hell and back. every weekend the whole summer i raced it. i would have to say this is very reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread