2v vs 4v forced induction

po-po 5.0

Established Member
$9000 swap!?

Maybe if you bought every part brand spankin' new. You can get used aviator motors for $1800 to get the heads/cams.

I8URLS1

Established Member
Seeing as you already have a built bottom end with ported heads I'd just use what you have and boost it. I had a DSS shortblock, with some fully ported 2v heads (ferrea valves etc.) and some really old school SHM 2730 cams. I had a Kenne Bell 2.2 kit and saw just over 14psi and made 570rwhp/510rwtq at 6200rpms on 93 pump gas. This was on a 98 degree day in Texas as well. I am confident in cooler weather it would have made close to 600 which is awesome #'s for that amount of boost out of a KB 2.2

My new setup I'm looking to be around the 4 digit mark with a 2v through an auto with an unlocked converter. They are very capable just dependent upon what you want to do and how you want to spend your money. I'd say with what you have already I'd just throw a KB 2.8 on it, or a tork tech with with a whipple 2.9 or a turbo.

Svtmustang01

Established Member
$9000 swap!?

Maybe if you bought every part brand spankin' new. You can get used aviator motors for $1800 to get the heads/cams.

If you buy a terminator swap. which includes motor, tranny, fuel tank, and all wiring, etc you will not find a full pullout for less than 7,500. Mine only had 11,000 miles so it was a higher price.

I8URLS1

Established Member
If you were starting from scratch I would probably say to go with a 4v, but seeing as you already have a good bit of money tied up in your motor setup I'd just put the money into a good power adder setup and enjoy it. Ultimately you need to decide what your goals are, know that reselling your patriot heads you will first have a hard time selling them most and likely only get $800-$1000. If you go turbo you could always switch to a 4v setup later easily too and just have the correct flanges put on your turbo manifolds.

beavers86

Established Member
i have a built 2v with tfs heads stage 2 cams victor jr intake p1sc making 511/457 with 9lbs of boost on 91 id stay 2v less hassle and headache with having to swap

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
i have a built 2v with tfs heads stage 2 cams victor jr intake p1sc making 511/457 with 9lbs of boost on 91 id stay 2v less hassle and headache with having to swap

I have a built 4V with ported stock heads, stock cams, stock intake/TB, P1SC on 11.8 pounds of boost 91 octane make 526 RWHP/501 RWTQ on DynoDynamics dyno(not dynojet)

Just for comparison

po-po 5.0

Established Member
If you buy a terminator swap. which includes motor, tranny, fuel tank, and all wiring, etc you will not find a full pullout for less than 7,500. Mine only had 11,000 miles so it was a higher price.

Well, ok yea. This thread is about a 4v swap, not building an 03 cobra from parts.

NestorGT

Established Member
What are your goals? There was a 2V around here making a hair over 600rwhp. That was with NPI heads that were worked within an inch of their life and custom cams. Boost was somewhere in the low 20's. So it can be done. Just takes a little more compared to a 4V.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

I've made well over 600rwhp with a 2v head. My old setup which was port, polished and valve jobs on PI heads the motor made 547rwhp not even trying. Most people hear my car and automatically assume its a 4v...lol I tell them Its just a lil 2v that is no longer stock.

the point of forced induction is to force air into the engine. a 4v will allow you to force in more air than a 2v. 4v > 2v..... but that does not mean you cannot make the same or greater power than a 4v. you will just need more aggressive components.

There are 2 sides to that logic. From what I've learned is that 4v do flow more air BUT they also create more turbulance inside the chanber so a well flown 2v is might not flow as much but will make up in the less turbulance part. Everyone forgets that the big boys running 200+mph are 2v motors..lol IJS

You're 100% right sir! People see s cheap motor and assume that its the same as a built race motor. I have a long block for sale that all together costs well $6,000.00 yet I had people compair it to some chaep motor that costs $2000.00. Those same uninformed folks are the ones that buy the 2k motor and wonder why it blows when they try to push more than 500hp at the crank...lol

To the OP, the heads are very important but just as important are the internals of your block. They must be able to handle the power load. What are your plans for the bottom end? If you need any help just let me know. I've built two motors for 2v applications that can handle well over 1200hp so I know a little something about them :rockon:.

Stryker27

2Vbeliever
Established Member
After reading this thread I'm very happy I stuck with the 2V, I'll post up numbers after it's dynoed and tuned in the spring, pullied for 15PSI, draw back is the heads?cams are stock with a clean up, new springs, and lash adjusters. thats the next step sometime down the road.

Stanger00

Established Member
After reading this thread I'm very happy I stuck with the 2V, I'll post up numbers after it's dynoed and tuned in the spring, pullied for 15PSI, draw back is the heads?cams are stock with a clean up, new springs, and lash adjusters. thats the next step sometime down the road.

You will be close to 500 if not right on it.

Users who are viewing this thread