2v turbo help!!!!

Legitwerks

Established Member
so im picking up a 2003 2v gt from a friend of mine and its built for low boost everything inside forged blah blah blah but its a high comp. build 13.1. im a little confused about that but my question is how to i bring the com down to a boost friendly level without having to yank the whole motor apart? would a new set of heads maybe 4v heads and a thicker headgasket do the trick or am i screwed and have to take it apart? i wanna be able to run more than 6lbs lol

Armyman2445

Established Member
Thicker head gasket.... But with that much compression, your pretty much screwed. Without swapping pistons, your options are limited. Even with tuning and low timing, it will be hard to stop detonation. If I were you, i'd just throw in some nitrous and be happy.

Armyman2445

Established Member
ive seen 9.5:1 compression on blown motors. 10.5:1 (Ive done before) on 5lbs. But that compression number is to high for a blower no matter how you look at the math. Its a recipe for disaster..

workmangc

Stay away from SHM.
Established Member
What do you consider a "boost friendly level"?
Without tearing into the engine, you are extremely limited. You will end up having to swap to some dished pistons.

Nitrous on the other hand, is very friendly with high compression. The ease of installation and initial cost would be very tempting. It appears that you have your heart set on a turbo, but you could probably put a N2O kit in your car for what the pistons alone will cost.

Users who are viewing this thread