2v to 4v swap in Central Florida (need help)

Primera_Espada

Established Member
What's up SVT performance family. I have a 02 Mustang GT, I recently bought a used 03 mach 1 engine with everything to do the swap. I have a buddy that can do the swap but he has no idea on how to do the wiring for the swap.

My question is, how much would a shop charge to do the swap? Or does anybody know of someone that is good with wiring that I could hire to do just the wiring. Im not good with electrical stuff or splicing, so if anyone could help me out, I would really really appreciate it.

I live in Deland near Daytona beach fyi.

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
What's up SVT performance family. I have a 02 Mustang GT, I recently bought a used 03 mach 1 engine with everything to do the swap. I have a buddy that can do the swap but he has no idea on how to do the wiring for the swap.

My question is, how much would a shop charge to do the swap? Or does anybody know of someone that is good with wiring that I could hire to do just the wiring. Im not good with electrical stuff or splicing, so if anyone could help me out, I would really really appreciate it.

I live in Deland near Daytona beach fyi.

Im SURE they would rape you on pricing!

Look up JMccormick on here and im sure he can answer any and all questions you may have

Primera_Espada

Established Member
Thanks dasaliac03! I just finished reading the thread.... Damn thats a lot of work! Lol. I don't think I have the patience and tools to do all that. I would love to hire someone to do all that, but like you said, I'm sure they'll rape me on the pricing. I wonder if it's easier just splicing my GT's wiring hardness. Man.... Im going to need some serious help wiring the mach 1 engine, FML.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
why not just get an ecu and wire harness? i also thought i remembered you could do the swap without doing anything but getting it tuned instead of a wiring splice/replacement.

svtjoe123

Termin8r
Established Member
The splicing and wire extending isn't too bad. Don't need a tune to start it but would def. benefit from it.

markw351

Established Member
My COP wires are extended in my Saleen and I just run the stock 2V ECU with a tune from Rick at Amazon Tuning. I had a buddy do the wires. They are not spiced though, he soldered and heat shrunk them. The car will run without a tune, mine didn't even through a single code. I wouldn't drive it hard though. I wish there was a tuner around here that I could take mine too, with something like a 4v swap I'm sure it's the best thing for it.

Primera_Espada

Established Member
Thanks for all the info guys, I really appreciate it.

Here is what I'm working with. I have the engine and wiring hardness including the ecu, but I don't have the gauge cluster that came with the engine. The guy sold it before I got the engine. I don't think the car will even start till I get the PATS turned off on the mach 1 ecu (not sure if this accurate). I'm getting the car tuned at brothers performance in deland. The tuner told me that everything would be easier if I just swapped the wiring to the 4v. I've heard that splicing is easier, I just don't think I'm cut up to do the work. I'm not very good with wiring and don't want to mess the wires.

blown98riored

Established Member
the Swap

Bud I have did several of them swaps even V6 to 4v's. So hopefully I can help ya here. What year model did the engine and wiring come out of and what year are u trying to put it in?

Primera_Espada

Established Member
I meant... LOL what year model is the cluster and wiring from?

My Car is an 02 GT, the engine and wiring are from an 03 mach 1. The cluster didn't come with the purchase since he sold it before I got the engine. But, I just bought an 03 mach 1 cluster from eBay. Should be here by the end of the week.

Thanks for any help you can provide blown98, I appreciate it man.

Users who are viewing this thread