2V to 4V Motor Swap Wiring Help - Repair Shop In So Cal

MarkZ

Established Member
I'm having an issue with the wiring on my 01 Cobra 4V motor swap in my 02 GT. It idles ok, but as soon as you give it gas it sputters and dies. The shop that did the swap, (GRC Performance in Mission Viejo, AVOID THEM AT ALL COST), used the ECU from the Cobra, but not the Cobra wiring harness I gave them. Unfortunately they butchered the wiring harness from the 02, (the wires change colors 3 times from the ECU to the MAS). At this point it's past my skill level to figure it out so looking for some help. Does anyone have a referral for a shop in Orange County, or close by, who has the expertise to figure out the wiring?

I've missed so many track days I lost count, but my biggest motivation is getting ready for the September Silver State Classic Challenge. We're moving up to the 130 MPH Average Group this year, which means they'll let me get up to 175 MPH and that I can't miss!

Thanks
Mark

Bullitt1448

Established Member
You are either going to have to trace every wire they hacked and who knows what they hacked and bastardized? The other option is to put the cobra harness in which in my opinion is going to be far less work. Either way it isn’t going to be easy.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
oc cars in lake forest might be able to figure it out for you. but i hope you have deep pockets!

josephcostello

Established Member
OP, if it would help I could snag some pictures for your from my 01. I would replace the harness and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread