2v rod bearing question!!!

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I'm having some trouble with my rod bearings in what is suppose to be a MMR 5.0 stroker motor but I'm not sure it is. Are the rod bearings bigger on an oem crank and smaller on a stroker crank? The bearings I ordered are for a stroker crank but are much smaller than what came out of the engine originally. I'm the first person to go into this engine and just need to clear this up.

coposrv

Established Member
Do they use a re-ground coyote crank for their stroker cranks? What does your crank measure at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure what brand crank/rod is used on that combo, but on Summit they list a Scat forged stroker crank having 2.000" rod bearing while a standard stroke crank takes a 2.086" rod bearing.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
This is a Manley stroker set up. I'm not sure what the crank measures at. Where would I measure the crank at for that? I can build these things but new to measuring and all this stroker stuff

coposrv

Established Member
Measure the rod journal on the crank. assemble a rod with the new bearing in it and measure that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
We got it figured out. The rod bearings I have are the right ones. They are a better bearing that it came with

Users who are viewing this thread