2v into fox body swap help please

Cobra Jim

Established Member
I recently got a wrecked 2000 grand marquis from a friend. Told me to help load his moving truck and the car was mine with no money out of pocket. I figured I would pull the engine and part out the rest and put the engine in my 82 gt. I pulled out all the wiring from the dash forward. From what I understand most power differences between 4.6 powered cars is in the tune. I know most sensors are the same between the engine I have and one from a mustang. Is it possible to use a computer from a mustang? Do I need a different harness? Am I just better off using what i have and getting a tune when it's done? I have done carbed engine swaps before but the carb to efi will be new to me. Not sure what wiring I will need other than the main engine harness. I'm sure this is the part that will have me ripping my hair out. I will be using the t-5 that is in the 82. This is more of a long term project since i have very little income at the moment (thank you work comp for 19 straight weeks of no pay) but any help/suggestions is greatly appreciated. I'm not planning on any major mods right away other than finding a set of pi heads and pi intake when finances permit. I just want to get it in and running before I do anything else to it. I know alot of people say a 2v swap isn't worth it but I'm on a budget and want something a little different. Anything is better than the stock engine that is currently in the car.

Cobra Jim

Established Member
I couldn't pass up the free car even though it has an npi engine. In all reality I could put it in the was it sits since it runs great and still makes more power than the 5.0 that's in it. I just figured while it was already out I would find a set of pi heads and a pi intake.

wheelhopper

Established Member
For the work it is going to take you and the money if you upgrade to PI heads, it simply is not worth it. Sell the car and upgrade your existing 302.

Users who are viewing this thread