2nd to 3rd breaking loose

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
anyone have their rear end swing hard right and left on the 2nd to 3rd shift while getting on it hard? Was thinking maybe the limited slip in the rear might be messing up?
Noticed my car always pulls to the right when she breaks loose even just giving it gas in 2nd. I have a bmr panhard bar and lowering springs.

RockChalk

Established Member
When we bought ours, it had the F1s still mounted. Terrible tires for normal street use. The car would break loose in the first 3 gears so easily. Scary, actually. Ours had the Cobra Jet springs on it, too. One of the first things we did was put the factory springs back on and had new Michelin A/S 3+ tires on her. The car became instantly civil again, for a car with 662 HP, that is. I also had the front spoiler replaced with a new piece. So many scrapes from sitting too low. It just wasn't worth it, as I had to pre-map out how I was going to drive - what routes to take. Just not worth looking "cool" IMO.

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
When we bought ours, it had the F1s still mounted. Terrible tires for normal street use. The car would break loose in the first 3 gears so easily. Scary, actually. Ours had the Cobra Jet springs on it, too. One of the first things we did was put the factory springs back on and had new Michelin A/S 3+ tires on her. The car became instantly civil again, for a car with 662 HP, that is. I also had the front spoiler replaced with a new piece. So many scrapes from sitting too low. It just wasn't worth it, as I had to pre-map out how I was going to drive - what routes to take. Just not worth looking "cool" IMO.
So maybe it might just be the f1s.

RockChalk

Established Member
good tires + cool temps = junk traction
The cold temps are what shoved me towards the Michelin All-Season tires. I enjoy driving the GT500 sometimes when it is below 40 degrees. Not on salt, snow, ice or rain. But when it is clear and cold I still enjoy getting her out for some exercise!

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Traction off with 0 assistance. ( hold traction button for 8 seconds to turn off)
Well that answers my question. I was wondering if it was trying to come around on you and the nannies were stopping it, making you feel the kick out.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Its just weird, I was thinking maybe cause of the panhard bar to but doubtful
Possibly lower control arms, but I doubt it, I just picked up a set of Toyo R888Rs for the rear, I'll let you know how those feel.

Users who are viewing this thread