2nd annual "r" meet

kevin

yup. we decided that there will be one.

so plan your schedules for next year at the northwoods shelby event at road america.

we had several 00r's and 95r's (one 93). we ended up get paddocked into 2-3 places, but we got around to meeting (for many the first time) and seeing each other throughout the whole weekend.

congratulations to terry moenich, joe johnson (2), paul kennedy, brian groth, wayne carpenter, and tim korzen. these folks were the innagural winners of the seven trophies handed out.

next year, maybe the same.

we'd like to make this even bigger next year. as more developes we'll post what we know, when we know it.

on a personal note. i really enjoyed meeting you guys in person. there's far more to all of you than what one can possible get from these boards.

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
yup. we decided that there will be one.

so plan your schedules for next year at the northwoods shelby event at road america.

we had several 00r's and 95r's (one 93). we ended up get paddocked into 2-3 places, but we got around to meeting (for many the first time) and seeing each other throughout the whole weekend.

congratulations to terry moenich, joe johnson (2), paul kennedy, brian groth, wayne carpenter, and tim korzen. these folks were the innagural winners of the seven trophies handed out.

next year, maybe the same.

we'd like to make this even bigger next year. as more developes we'll post what we know, when we know it.

on a personal note. i really enjoyed meeting you guys in person. there's far more to all of you than what one can possible get from these boards.
Kevin,

so ... this event is in Atlanta next year??

Andy M

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 2nd annual "r" meet

nope. at this time we're still planning on road america
so ... excuse my ignorance ... Road America is a "place" and not an "event" ???

kevin

Re: Re: Re: Re: 2nd annual "r" meet

Originally posted by Andy M
so ... excuse my ignorance ... Road America is a "place" and not an "event" ???

my bad, yea. road america is the track. the event is put on by the northwoods shelby club.

tentative dates for next year are 5-8 sept.

Andy M

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2nd annual "r" meet

my bad, yea. road america is the track. the event is put on by the northwoods shelby club.

tentative dates for next year are 5-8 sept.
Kevin, thanks for the clarification. I actually went to their web site and see that RA is the name of the track in Wisconsin. I thought RA moved around the country to different tracks?? :-?

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Re: Re: 2nd annual "r" meet

Kevin,

so ... this event is in Atlanta next year??

There will be several of us that will be at Road Atlanta in the spring during one of the Panoz Racing Schools weekends. I'll keep you informed when we get a definite date. That would be great if you could make it.

Andy M

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 2nd annual "r" meet

Originally posted by Dean99CobraV

There will be several of us that will be at Road Atlanta in the spring during one of the Panoz Racing Schools weekends. I'll keep you informed when we get a definite date. That would be great if you could make it.
Dean,

Is this school something that you would have to take your own car to? or do they provide cars there?? I don't yet have a mode of transporting the R and would not want to drive it that far away from home. If they provide cars?, I would be inclined to drive my M5 there and back. Certainly more fun, and much safer :)shocked: ) than flying!?

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: 2nd annual "r" meet

Dean,

Is this school something that you would have to take your own car to? or do they provide cars there?? I don't yet have a mode of transporting the R and would not want to drive it that far away from home. If they provide cars?, I would be inclined to drive my M5 there and back. Certainly more fun, and much safer :)shocked: ) than flying!?

I don't believe they have cars to rent. It's stil a long way off so you never know what may open up for you by then. It would be too far to drive the R.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 2nd annual "r" meet

Originally posted by Dean99CobraV

I don't believe they have cars to rent. It's stil a long way off so you never know what may open up for you by then. It would be too far to drive the R.

you always have Hertz. :D

Users who are viewing this thread