285x35x20 squared

Dogg

Established Member
I tried to get an answer for this but didn't get a definitive answer.
I want to do the 285x35x20 tires on all four corners but can't get a good answer regard wheel size, offset and backspacing. Will be doing this to a 2012 gt. Can you give me the correct specs for wheels.
Thankls

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post, Dogg.

As I'm sure you've found through your research, 285/35R-20's on the front is a little on the aggressive side. From what I've seen, 285/35R-20 tires mounted on 9.5" wide wheels with a +45mm offset is doable. If it's possible, I recommend test fitting an assembly to check clearance, specifically towards the inside towards the strut. What wheel size/offset and tire size are you currently running on the front?

Dogg

Established Member
thanks for the responses, 285x30x20 is acceptable. I have seen several who say they are running 10" on the front but they don't say the offset. Most 285x30x20 wheels have around a 40to 45 offset, will the 40 work?
As for the car, well to be honest I haven't even got it yet, I bought the svtp blaze yellow mustang as seen here on the forum ,yet to be delivered. But it looked like it has stock brembo wheels, and I generally change things around, kinda like my motorcycles, always got to personalize them!

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
thanks for the responses, 285x30x20 is acceptable. I have seen several who say they are running 10" on the front but they don't say the offset. Most 285x30x20 wheels have around a 40to 45 offset, will the 40 work?
As for the car, well to be honest I haven't even got it yet, I bought the svtp blaze yellow mustang as seen here on the forum ,yet to be delivered. But it looked like it has stock brembo wheels, and I generally change things around, kinda like my motorcycles, always got to personalize them!

Congrats on the new ride! The SVTP GT is a really nice car :coolman:

10" wide wheels up front is outside of our fitment information. You may trying PMing those you've seen running that width up front for specifics. My guess is you'll need the offset to be around +40mm.

Dogg

Established Member
thanks Mavisky I will probably try around 40.

If anyone else reads this post and is running this combination please post and let me know if the offsets work without rubbing or if there are any other significant concerns.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread