• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

24mm offset "R" wheels on a 1993

Discussion in 'Fox-Body Cobras' started by venomisback, Feb 23, 2010.

1. venomisback

venomisback Big Member Established Member

Does anyone have pictures of the 24mm offset Ford "R" wheels on a foxbody? Dude has a set locally for a really good price. I remember a few guys running that offset, but I can't remember the issues.

:rockon:

2. 9 deuce gt

9 deuce gt New Member Established Member

We need more info. What brake setup are you going with? This will make a difference.

I ran the R58 R models with stock Fox track Ranger axles with '94-'04 Cobra rear brakes. Up front I have run both the SVO/Mark rotors and the '94 spindles with 13" Cobra brakes. The fit was perfect with the SVO/Mark rotors up front. With the ;94 spindle setup, the width was increased roughly 1/4" per side. Still looks good, though.

Out back, the Fox track width and 24mm R's is a bad look. Even with a 275/40 tire, it looks too "sucked" in for my tastes. To remedy this, I installed Steeda/ARP 2.5" studs and I run a 3/8" Baer aluminum spacer. This brought the tire and rim out to the fender nicely and it matches the width/look of the front. The fenders need to be rolled though.

I'll try to dig up more pics, but here are a few of the car with the rear spacers:

IMG_0970.jpg
    3.jpg

3. fiorefiveoh

fiorefiveoh Active Member Established Member

what size front tires did you go with? Do you have any pics of the wheels w/o spacers in the rear?

4. Blaine@PSI

[email protected] Member Established Member

h2r31.jpg

this is my setup using the r58 in the rear with fox length axles and 04 spindles in front with cobra r brakes and m173 wheels up front. the rear tires are 275/40 and the fronts are 255/40

5. 9 deuce gt

Do you have any more pics? That looks great. Nothing beats an R58/M179 on a Fox!!!

6. 9 deuce gt

I have 245/45 Goodyear Eagle GS-C tires in the front. I can't seem to find the pics without spacers. I will keep looking. I do remember that I would have had to clearence the tailpipes if I would have not used the spacers. (I never drove the car like that, only took pics in the driveway)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2010