24 lb injector power rating?

97 horse snake

Established Member
how much hp can our 24 lb injectors handle? what's the next step up? and what lph rating is our fuel pump? how much power can that handle?

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
N/A I'm not exactly sure but would venture to say around 350 rwhp with an adjustable full regulator.

1 BA SVT

your momma likes it
Established Member
It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish. What is it that you're wanting to do?

97 horse snake

Established Member
Originally posted by 1 BA SVT
It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish. What is it that you're wanting to do?

dunno exactly. i'm up and down about modding my cobra. one day i'll wanna go all out, the next, i'll be completely content with it as is. i would much rather go N/A, but it seems to be the more expencive route with the 4.6, so i've thought about a s/c, but if i saved that much money, i'd rather just put it twords paying the car off first. i think if i got some heads, or a good p/p job and mild street cams, i would be fine. that would put me well into the 12's, yeah? in my other post i mentioned a company called Powerheads, but haven't gotten any feedback yet. how much hp would heads and mild cams yeild? how much should i expect to pay?

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by 97 horse snake
dunno exactly. i'm up and down about modding my cobra. one day i'll wanna go all out, the next, i'll be completely content with it as is. i would much rather go N/A, but it seems to be the more expencive route with the 4.6, so i've thought about a s/c, but if i saved that much money, i'd rather just put it twords paying the car off first. i think if i got some heads, or a good p/p job and mild street cams, i would be fine. that would put me well into the 12's, yeah? in my other post i mentioned a company called Powerheads, but haven't gotten any feedback yet. how much hp would heads and mild cams yeild? how much should i expect to pay?

If you go forced induction they will be maxed out at around 430 rwhp. The problem with them is that they kill your tuning possibilities. What I mean by this is I wanted to see how much I could get out of my 24's which was 434 rwhp. But my mid range had to suffer a lot due to the FMU ratio I had to run to get the injectors to support that at the high RPM's. It was running extremely rich from 2500 - 5400 then would start leaning out to where I wanted it. So if you plan on going that route get bigger injectors just for the tuning capability and horsepower capacity. And always remember too much fuel is always better than not enough with forced induction.

97 horse snake

Established Member
yeah, i figured most s/c kits come with larger injectors anyway, but just wanted to figure out when i should swithch them out if i stay n/a. thanks for the reply though.

ALLNTRL

Established Member
N/A they are good to about 350 RWHP after that I would step up accordingly to the combo. ;-)

cobra331

Established Member
If you supercharge!!!

Screw the FMU!!! It's better to tune with big injectors than keep an FMU. Using an FMU is such an unorthodox way of managing fuel. With big injectors a good dyno tuner can get a perfect air/fuel ratio all the way through!!

Users who are viewing this thread