225 50R15? (or 55R15)?

sadbuttrue

Established Member
Probably a rare request, but was wondering if anyone makes a reasonable value/performance/everyday tire in this size. The car doesn't get raced, and when it runs can go through periods of semi-daily driving (might see rain, etc), but is mostly a weekend/sunny day cruiser. Does have a lot of torque so the tires need to have a little bite.

My old 66' needs some new tires. Its been running Kumho Ecsta H512s? or something like that (Its been a while, but as I recall they were the H rated Ecsta tires)? For a long time, but they're bald now :sulk: They were a decent value... I don't think they were more than $80/tire. They didn't last a ton of miles, but were decent performers, good enough daily traction etc.

Now I look at tirerack.com and elsewhere and if they have anything its insanely pricey for pretty middle-of-the-road tires.

Primarily looking at 225 50R15, though 55R15 might work (I know 60R15 is too tall). 235s might work. Could also do 215s if there's a substantial price / value difference.

Users who are viewing this thread