21degrees wot timing, A/F is 11.7 whatcha think??

jeffs

Established Member
I have a ported eaton with a 4#lower and 2.93 uppper, but only making about 12-13psi of boost because of my 6500' elevation, my a/f ratio seems good and safe, but could I afford more timing than my 21 degrees, or more boost by swapping my 2.93 for a 2.76 to get maybe 14psi of boost or both. I'm getting very comfortable datalogging and adding / subtracting fuel with the end users adjustments of both my predator for my 04 Cobra and my c-cal2 for my 03 Lightning.

I also employ longtubes and other stuff in my sig to help you give your opinion of my tune, so please tell me what you think, I also run 91 pump gas as that is the best available pump fuel here in Wyoming.

Thanks alot people, I'm trying to sort of tune my stuff myself without going back and forth a hundred times with a tuner, thanks for your thoughts in advance, I appreciate it.

thelpb

Established Member
Well i'm currently tuned for 0 elevation, running a 2.80 and 4lb lower, with a mild home port. Running 23 degrees on 93 octane and seeing around 11.5 A/F. So far so good!

snakerider

SVT-DROP
Established Member
You're A/F is perfect ,Isn't 21 degree of timing on 91 octane too much? I have almost the same pulley combo. 2.76 and 4lb lower in seeing 17#, I got my tune from Rick at Amazon tuning. My timing is set at 19 degree because we also only have 91 octane here. Rick said anything over that with 91 octane it might Detonation. Hope this helps

Last edited:

SVT GI

Established Member
I would swap in the 2.76 and back it down a degree or two and see how it is.

Do you have E-85 out there?

jeffs

Established Member
No E85 here, I might try the 2.76 upper, although I'm sure I'll only get 14, maybe 15lbs max boost, so should I still back off the timing?? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread