20k Over MSRP!

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well sure... i think most people with any common sense wont pay 20-25K over MSRP.

I originally thought you were just throwing out a general comment about gt350 vs gt500.
Na, I was just stating my opinion of Shelby GT500(AUTO) w/25K < Shelby GT350 (MANUAL) w/1k

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm one of the people who dislike ADM's and would never pay one.
I think there are 2 types of people that don't have a problem paying the ADM.
1. People with a lot of disposable income.
2. People that are willing to finance a car for 84 month and justify the ADM by spreading it out over the life of the loan.
I am not one of these people, I don't have a need to have the latest and greatest every couple of years and I tend to keep my cars for many years.
When your spending your own money rather than borrowing it from others, you tend to be very frugal when it comes time put it on the table.

Words of wisdom here. And people wonder why they're in debt all their lives.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'll just go ahead and put in a twin to your GT500 order and have it ready for you :)
I'm not sure there are enough hours in the day to own and enjoy both. I'm at the point in my life where I'm trying to get rid of shit instead of always acquiring more. But I do appreciate your consideration.

:)

conceptmachine

Established Member
This is a real problem for me too. Ive got so much shit and I need to get rid of it. Problem is, I get attached to it and I want to keep it, but I just don't have enough time to enjoy it all. Time to bring in the auctioneer I suppose.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
I'm dumping my 90 notch and my 67 Cougar. And clean up the garage.

Wife said those are the only rules before bringing this one home. :)

Was a tough call at first but Im completely at peace with it. I just dont have time for them.

And I'm done wrenching all the time. I can get another classic down the road with minimal needs.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
That's crazy. I'm busy with a '90 coupe build and I had a '67 Mercury Cougar (Dan Gurney Special). Just a wild guess but I'll bet you also have an extremely hot looking wife that knows her way around a kitchen?

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
That's crazy. I'm busy with a '90 coupe build and I had a '67 Mercury Cougar (Dan Gurney Special). Just a wild guess but I'll bet you also have an extremely hot looking wife that knows her way around a kitchen?

Wow that is funny.. i know the Gurney special cars..

And yes haha!

LostM

Established Member
I'm one of the people who dislike ADM's and would never pay one.
I think there are 2 types of people that don't have a problem paying the ADM.
1. People with a lot of disposable income.
2. People that are willing to finance a car for 84 month and justify the ADM by spreading it out over the life of the loan.
I am not one of these people, I don't have a need to have the latest and greatest every couple of years and I tend to keep my cars for many years.
When your spending your own money rather than borrowing it from others, you tend to be very frugal when it comes time put it on the table.

You are very Smart Sir!

Words of wisdom here. And people wonder why they're in debt all their lives.

Genuinely curious how you guys mentally separate this.

If your shopping cars, at roughly $80-90k,
How does it matter if its 1 car at 80k, +10k adm, or 90k msrp..

The $ spent is the same, the down payment is the same. Your koan terms if any are the same..

This is why i make fun of people, it doesn't make sense. The only nearly valid argument is the depreciating value part, but again, universal. Add that if your able to spend 90k on a 3rd or 4th, or weekend vehicle, you are not unwise in the rest of your financial dealings..

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

The $ spent is the same, the down payment is the same. Your koan terms if any are the same..

This is why i make fun of people, it doesn't make sense. The only nearly valid argument is the depreciating value part, but again, universal. Add that if your able to spend 90k on a 3rd or 4th, or weekend vehicle, you are not unwise in the rest of your financial dealings..
I'd say out of Principle....

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member

You think having a 7 year loan on a vehicle is a smart idea?

LostM

Established Member
I'd say out of Principle....

I can understand that.
I understand the manual part, i even understand never buying 1st year production due to fear bugs..

But the ADM thing, in the realm of financial sense, never jives.

If the car isnt special, or not limited production, then fine, go ahead and find the msrp selling dealers, problem solved.. unless of course there arnt enough cars to satisfy demand :)

Snoopy49

Established Member

When you are using your money and not taking out a loan, you tend to be more sensitive to unnecessary charges. The difference between an $80,000 car with a $10,000 ADM and a $90,000 car is the $90,000 car doesn't cost you an additional $10,000 loss as soon as you sign the contract. This is money that was thrown away. I might as well go up to the first person I see on the street and give the them $10,000 and walk away. That's the difference.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
History repeats itself. As stated earlier, this resembles the 07 debut. I know, I had a deposit on one then. ADM was minimal, but I was able to order the car I wanted. It took so long to build, I knocked up the wife (probably celebrating order) and offered the dealer an out. They made more money on the car when it came in. I was then offered one that was traded in the very next year with 2k miles for $49k.

The 07 was to be the limited ends all be all. Now it is really the least desirable. Glad I sold before it bottomed out.

Save the ADM you are going to pay, for the inevitable flaws this model is going to have.

LostM

Established Member
When you are using your money and not taking out a loan, you tend to be more sensitive to unnecessary charges. The difference between an $80,000 car with a $10,000 ADM and a $90,000 car is the $90,000 car doesn't cost you an additional $10,000 loss as soon as you sign the contract. This is money that was thrown away. I might as well go up to the first person I see on the street and give the them $10,000 and walk away. That's the difference.

but your thoughts are contradictory. What car holds its value as soon as you drive it off the lot? What cars currently produced are assets?

What loan isnt the borrowers money?

If my plan is to put 20k down on a car, nd my max is 90k.. my loan terms are the same, interest is the same, bank account same.. sounds like its principal or lack of funding, masquerading as a financial intelligence decision. but hey, i guess its my money..
..or is it the banks, but i have to pay it back, so i guess its mine?

Users who are viewing this thread