20k Over MSRP!

svt662

Established Member
Has anyone seen the listing on Ebay for the 2020 Shelby? Current bid is almost 20k over MSRP! I have called 5 Dealers in my area and they want way over MSRP! Might have to buy a New Corvette or something else.....

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member
When I visited 4 dealers within a 100 mile radius of my home, none would commit to MSRP, and one guaranteed they would jack up the cost. I even told them I was paying cash in addition to a trade in.
So, I purchased a new 2019 Z06 and am happy with the car thus far. No waiting around for Ford to release the GT500 and I can enjoy a new car immediately. If I decide on a 2021 GT500, well then I have the Vette for trade. Not being brand loyal helps keep my options open.

Last edited:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I've tried to be open to the DCT, but I keep wanting a manual. I'm not sure I'd pay 20k under MSRP. Not joking.

I'm waiting 1 year, if Ford doesn't put a stick in I'm probably getting a Z06.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

dom418

Established Member
Guys be patient, it’s literally the same crap every time a new Shelby is released going back to 2007. And every time people fall for the marketing bs. I remember in 07 that car was supposed to be super limited. Now they are selling for $30k.

Same deal with the 13/14

Fast forward to the GT350 and 350R it’s now going on 6 years of production.

The new 500 will be no different. If you have to be one of the first, it’s going to cost you. (I know there are guys saying they ordered for msrp but that is the minority) most guys aren’t going to admit paying over msrp.

It will be a great car if that’s what you’re into but make no mistake, it’s still a depreciating asset.

Sparko

Established Member
MSRP deals are still out there. I had no issue getting one from a Ford dealer that is 6 miles from house. They wanted to sell to a local person rather than making ADM to the highest bidder. Keep trying...I think this car will be awesome.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
MSRP deals are still out there. I had no issue getting one from a Ford dealer that is 6 miles from house. They wanted to sell to a local person rather than making ADM to the highest bidder. Keep trying...I think this car will be awesome.

Hopefully money has already exchanged hands and the agreement is in writing.

Today, MSRP deals on this car are far and away the exception, not the rule. To say otherwise is foolish.

conceptmachine

Established Member
MSRP here as as well, about 20 miles from me. I live outside of town.
I'm astounded at how many MSRP deals or +1 or 2 K I've seen so far. The 350, especially the first 2.5 MYs, seemed like I seen very few MSRP. If course I'm taking people's word for it...

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I wouldn't be surprised if people thought they were just bidding on the price of the car and not above MSRP.

svt662

Established Member
If 50k over MSRP is true? I wonder how many Dealers will honor their deals at MSRP.... And I will Never sell my 13 Shelby!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread