2024 S650 Mustang | The Cover is Off | Full Details Inside

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
They should have done the boss, not this DH. Outside seems pretty good to me, although I like the old headlights. Hate the interior.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Interior looks horrible. That design and layout is hellish and looks like they just threw parts to see what would stick and don’t care where it landed. It’s not functional in the least bit for a real driver and everything being squared - they basically threw the new Bronco interior into the Mustang.

The exterior has no body styling lines along the side anymore - and actually looking at the now many images online, Ford made it “fat”, so it’s the new Moostang….

Aftermarket or not, you know if that PCM is somehow “cracked, hacked or unlocked” via Forscan or other means - Ford WILL have a way of knowing via software code and WILL most likely void any warranty work. That’s the intent going forward, to lock consumers out of manipulating/changing parameters so that the vehicle is still “EPA” compliant….

Yes there’s always a way to hack any PCM at some point, that’s a given - but you can bet Ford Engineers already have something in place in the event someone tries to circumvent the “lock” and Service Centers will be able to determine IF that has occurred….

I don’t see this new S650 as being a “hit” - the interior alone is just horrible. Think about it, when you’re IN the car, your experience is happening in the interior and that inteior has to be functional as well as aesthetically pleasing. The driver has to be able to use things WITHOUT much distraction from the road in front, instead having to now pay attention to a display and play with display functions that is more out of reach (compared to the location in the S550’s).

NEW EDG

Established Member
The back looks fine but the front looks more like a Dodge Charger to me. The S550 front end definitely looks better than S650.

Was also hoping for the DCT from the GT500 to migrate to the next gen GT models too so I think sticking with the 10-speed is a miss.

Hate the dash. My 2019 Explorer has so many software bugs that I reported and never were fixed I would never touch this thing. Ford can't handle complex software. They don't do any QA and they don't do any software updates.

It sounded like the Dark Horse basically comes with an aluminator from the factory in the car and driver video I watched. If that's the case the Dark Horse could be worth while assuming they unlock the computer.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Are the Dark Horse S and R's going to be street legal, or in keeping with the Boss and 350 models before, no VIN, track only?

Also not a huge fan of the "tablet" sitting in a stand look, of the dash. But looks like, for now, many manufacturers are going this direction.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Remember... the Camaro, Charger and Challenger are all going away. This new Mustang is to appeal to those owners as well as current Mustang owners to bring in new buyers. No wonder it looks like all of them thrown together. The Mustang is going to be last ICE V8 pony car. Think about that....

Overall I like it. Darkhorse name is goofy. They took the easy way out on the dash..... Looks terrible imo... But in this era... its a win for the car enthusiasts!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Remember... the Camaro, Charger and Challenger are all going away. This new Mustang is to appeal to those owners as well as current Mustang owners to bring in new buyers. No wonder it looks like all of them thrown together. The Mustang is going to be last ICE V8 pony car. Think about that....

Overall I like it. Darkhorse name is goofy. They took the easy way out on the dash..... Looks terrible imo... But in this era... its a win for the car enthusiasts!

The last year this is offered with the V8 I am gonna try and get one and sneak it by the wife.

MattN03

03RCODE
Established Member
Dark horse should’ve been the GT. I was halfway expecting a revived Boss 302 when they said there’s a performance model. But I do like the Dark horse.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

I was thinking the exact same thing when watching the reveal last night!

Kevin P

Established Member
They showed the ability to configure the tach/speedo to look like the fox body gauges during the reveal. Pretty cool, just from a "something to be able to do" standpoint.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Wouldn't be the first time.

Too much tech. Who wants to rev their car from their key fob. Ugh.

You've never been to Mustang Week, have you?

Users who are viewing this thread