2024 S650 Mustang | The Cover is Off | Full Details Inside

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sweet.

Remote rev!

Don’t even have to be in the car to mow people down at the car shows!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
That is the one feature that makes me shake my head. Why would you want/need to rev the engine with the key fob? DUMB!
Remember... the Camaro, Charger and Challenger are all going away. This new Mustang is to appeal to those owners as well as current Mustang owners to bring in new buyers. No wonder it looks like all of them thrown together. The Mustang is going to be last ICE V8 pony car. Think about that....

Overall I like it. Darkhorse name is goofy. They took the easy way out on the dash..... Looks terrible imo... But in this era... its a win for the car enthusiasts!
Ford is playing this smart and will now be the only player in town. This is a short term plan IMO. I don't for a moment believe that Ford isn't thinking all EV sooner than we want or expect.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I was wondering if I was the only one.....

The "FIRST" thing that came to my mind was "Doesn't that QTR panel on the new Mustang look almost exactly like the Camaro QTR panel?"

The side silhouette still looks extremely S550, which makes sense since the S650 is based on that platform. The S550 came out before the 6th gen Camaro. Would that not imply that the Camaro actually looks like the Mustang, not the other way around?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
The side silhouette still looks extremely S550, which makes sense since the S650 is based on that platform. The S550 came out before the 6th gen Camaro. Would that not imply that the Camaro actually looks like the Mustang, not the other way around?

Nope.
That S650 rear quarter window and panel look just like the Camaro. That was the very first thought I had when I saw the pics yesterday. That, and the front end looks like a Charger.
So, now that I think about it, maybe the Transformer logo on the fender makes more sense. They transformed the Mustang into a Chevy/Dodge mish-mash of shit.

Last edited:

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
that rear 1/4 100% looks camaro.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting release. I watched most of the official release presentation last night. Crowd was uninvolved, host had to "force" them to clap lol. Presenters sucked, didn't offer much material in the form of numbers or hardware specs. Whatever. All that said -- my take aways:

--Dark Horse (gay ass name) will have the most NA power and a Tremec manual carried over form the gt350 and mach 1. Pretty cool.

--I happen to like the tech and the interior. These advances are what makes these cars continue to be "Better" cars than their predecessors. We all like gadgets.

-- Not a fan of the locked PCM. Hopefully a flash-type of work-around is in the works. Im not a fan of piggy back tuning.

--No info on pricing. Im probably going to have to have one so im looking forward to this.

--I like the overall look of the car. Rear is full-on Camaro, but the full profile of the car looks good. Front end is improved over S550 IMO.

robvas

Established Member
Sweet.

Remote rev!

Don’t even have to be in the car to mow people down at the car shows!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Too much tech. Who wants to rev their car from their key fob. Ugh.
They built it for the ricers that buy S550's these days.

Surprised there wasn't a factory flame kit shown!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I like the steering wheel.

I actually really like the e-brake, they solved the problem.

They mentioned Spec Mustang in the unveiling last night, curious if those cars will end up under $100k.

Still have to wait to see one in person before I pass judgement. I was fairly surprised by just how "all in" they are on racing, which is a very good thing.

Oh and why is no one talking about the Trofeos?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

I'm not sure which came out first as I have not studied it that closely. All I know is they look the same when it comes to certain body features or characteristics.

I don't mind it, overall I think its pretty good. I feel like the interior is going to be dated in 15 years and it kind of feels GM/Camaro-esque with those square vents.

However, I'm a little confused by your response to my post as your previous post even indicated you got a Camaro vibe from the new design. So, it would appear you also feel the new Mustang has a Camaro look to it regardless of which came out first.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm not sure which came out first as I have not studied it that closely. All I know is they look the same when it comes to certain body features or characteristics.

However, I'm a little confused by your response to my post as your previous post even indicated you got a Camaro vibe from the new design. So, it would appear you also feel the new Mustang has a Camaro look to it regardless of which came out first.

I did on the interior yeah, the squared off vents and all made me think of GM's design language.

I don't think the exterior looks "like a camaro", but maybe I'm jaded since it just looks like a facelift/refresh of a car I currently own.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I did on the interior yeah, the squared off vents and all made me think of GM's design language.

I don't think the exterior looks "like a camaro", but maybe I'm jaded since it just looks like a facelift/refresh of a car I currently own.

Could be as a lot of folks here seem to feel it looks like a Camaro from certain design aspects. I know when I seen that "wide body" style QTR panel in the first picture I thought Camaro right away. I was wondering if it was just me, but it appears others see it as well.

I will always be a Mustang guy, but Ford lost me after the New Edge (which is why a 2015 Challenger is my DD). So, I don't see the S550 everyday as you do. Therefore, my perspective will be different than yours.

q6543

Established Member
I wonder how high prices will actually be.

40k for a base gt? 60K fully loaded?

Is DH gonna be a 80k car?
I can't believe they R&D the predator engine just to run it a couple years and shelve it.

DH or higher variant GT in the future need to come with that 2.65 liter blower.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
That is the one feature that makes me shake my head. Why would you want/need to rev the engine with the key fob? DUMB!

Ford is playing this smart and will now be the only player in town. This is a short term plan IMO. I don't for a moment believe that Ford isn't thinking all EV sooner than we want or expect.
Nah, not the only player. For what they will be asking for a Dark Whores you can get a BMW 2-series (or 3-series?) with the straight 6 turbo.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I wonder how high prices will actually be.

40k for a base gt? 60K fully loaded?

Is DH gonna be a 80k car?
I can't believe they R&D the predator engine just to run it a couple years and shelve it.

DH or higher variant GT in the future need to come with that 2.65 liter blower.

well the predator engine is going in the Raptor R, so I wouldn't say its "shelved". I am sure after a year or two of the S650 existing they'll bring a new GT500 out or something.

Users who are viewing this thread