2024 Ford Mustang Website Build Link Active

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Vapor, yellow splash, and rapid red look the best imo. The sinister bronze rims are solid too. The night pony package seems like something you could do you’re probably yourself (cheaper and making it unique to your own tastes).

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I built a Dark Horse Premium. $76,670.00 (before ADM).

A GT Premium with Nite Pony Package worked out to $62,490.00.

A GT Premium worked out to $62,590.00.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
It was a good run while it lasted. The days of affordable V8 performance cars are over. The Camaro, Charger and Challenger are going away forever. The Corvette went up market big time and is out of reach for many people. The cheapest Mustang GT you can buy in 2024 starts at 43K. We all knew the days were numbered.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Just built a cheap manual 5.0 for a mere $50K. To put it in perspective, a well-optioned C8 costs twice that amount. The Mustang is still a performance bargain and the sole survivor from the Big 3.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just built a cheap manual 5.0 for a mere $50K. To put it in perspective, a well-optioned C8 costs twice that amount. The Mustang is still a performance bargain and the sole survivor from the Big 3.
$50K is not a "performance bargain" if most people can't afford it.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
$50K is not a "performance bargain" if most people can't afford it.
Well, the average cost of a new car nearing $50K, so many people can afford it. Not saying it isn’t pricey, but was trying to point out it is a relative deal in comparison to the C8.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Well, the average cost of a new car nearing $50K, so many people can afford it. Not saying it isn’t pricey, but was trying to point out it is a relative deal in comparison to the C8.

Ehh.. I make good money.

Aint no way I'm affording a 50k car, without essentially hating my life. Sure I could " afford " it, and not have anything else. Say you're average person in this community... 75k gross is what $1200 a week or so if you claim 0, so $4800 a month

Rent in even average cities for a normal house is $1500 a month ( I pay 1500 for a 3/2, with carport in a city of 90k people ) ... even 2/1s are $1200 out here

throw in utilities, cell, internet thats another $700ish likely so thats $2200 a month. Power $200, Cell $150, Internet $100, water and gas is around $100 combined, your streaming shit.. so maybe $500 ish not 700

Food costs for a normal human. $200 a week if you want to eat decent at home. That pushes you to $3000

Say another what? $1000 for going out to eat, just honestly enjoying life? Thats $4000

You know have $800 left for ... a car payment, fuel, insurance.

So lets take out the $1000 for enjoying life so you're back to the $3000.. your 50k car, plus insurance and fuel.. Payment around what 800? Insurance, $150, fuel lets say 100 a week? That's $1350.

That brings you to $4350.. that leaves you essentially $450 for an " oh shit" .. like your dog gets hurt, or say you want to go on a date, or say literally anything happens....

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Ehh.. I make good money.

Aint no way I'm affording a 50k car, without essentially hating my life. Sure I could " afford " it, and not have anything else. Say you're average person in this community... 75k gross is what $1200 a week or so if you claim 0, so $4800 a month

Rent in even average cities for a normal house is $1500 a month ( I pay 1500 for a 3/2, with carport in a city of 90k people ) ... even 2/1s are $1200 out here

throw in utilities, cell, internet thats another $700ish likely so thats $2200 a month. Power $200, Cell $150, Internet $100, water and gas is around $100 combined, your streaming shit.. so maybe $500 ish not 700

Food costs for a normal human. $200 a week if you want to eat decent at home. That pushes you to $3000

Say another what? $1000 for going out to eat, just honestly enjoying life? Thats $4000

You know have $800 left for ... a car payment, fuel, insurance.

So lets take out the $1000 for enjoying life so you're back to the $3000.. your 50k car, plus insurance and fuel.. Payment around what 800? Insurance, $150, fuel lets say 100 a week? That's $1350.

That brings you to $4350.. that leaves you essentially $450 for an " oh shit" .. like your dog gets hurt, or say you want to go on a date, or say literally anything happens....
You know what the best feeling in the world is. Having zero debt. Owning your own time.
My wife who is my financial advisor says you can’t spend money in a worse way than on expensive cars.

She buys Jap cars new for cash and runs them into the ground. All she cares about is reliability. Is she right?
Depends on your life goals and pleasures.

To me. I’m not buying a $50k car unless I can pay cash or the interest rate is less than 1% so I’d say you should be earning a lot more than $100k to justify it.
I personally wouldn’t spend $50k on a regular mustang no matter how much I have or $100k on a vette but that’s just my opinion.

I get it for some people cars are life.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
You know what the best feeling in the world is. Having zero debt. Owning your own time.
My wife who is my financial advisor says you can’t spend money in a worse way than on expensive cars.

She buys Jap cars new for cash and runs them into the ground. All she cares about is reliability. Is she right?
Depends on your life goals and pleasures.

To me. I’m not buying a $50k car unless I can pay cash or the interest rate is less than 1% so I’d say you should be earning a lot more than $100k to justify it.
I personally wouldn’t spend $50k on a regular mustang no matter how much I have or $100k on a vette but that’s just my opinion.

I get it for some people cars are life.

Cars used to be mine. Now I own an 07 silverado and I'm happier now just driving that thing than my Shelby a lot of times.

Sure having a Shelby was awesome... having an extra $800 a month is more awesome, and not giving a shit about parking in places, not being noticed, not giving a shit when driving.

sleek98

Established Member
Cars used to be mine. Now I own an 07 silverado and I'm happier now just driving that thing than my Shelby a lot of times.

Sure having a Shelby was awesome... having an extra $800 a month is more awesome, and not giving a shit about parking in places, not being noticed, not giving a shit when driving.

I don't really miss my Shelby anymore. I have way more fun on the boat surfing with the family.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

A

I used to buy myself a new car every 3 years when I worked and cars were a big part of my life. But things change. Now I don’t really care about them.

I’d honestly buy a Lexus for my next car before almost anything else. But right now I’m not buying shit.

Users who are viewing this thread