2024 Ford Mustang Website Build Link Active

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Well… i ordered one. I’m super excited, I went with a
Vapor blue GT, 10R80, active exhaust and black accent pack.
Luckily I have A plan, it came out to 43.4K.
I figure another 10K for the whipple kit to make 800 ish, call it all in for 55k, still less than dark horse MSRP.

In todays world, that is a lot of car for the money.
Not bad. What is "A plan."

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I like it!

The 2024 Ford Mustang Has a Fox Body Gauge Cluster Mode​

A fitting tribute to an icon.
15d56ade-1ac5-43f8-b0be-4f0648657189_1661780164.file

BY CHRIS PERKINS
SEP 15, 2022

Ford chose to specifically recreate the white needles of the face-lifted Fox body built from 1987-1993. Thankfully, it didn't recreate the 85-mph speedometer fitted to many Fox Mustangs over the years. And yes, when you turn the headlights on, the gauges are "backlit" in green.

4e9a8066-1663159900.jpg

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Meh. Dark Horse doesn’t really offer anything other then the gen z/bud light name and a 70k+ price tag. Sorry but anyone who signs up for one of those thinks being a “influencer” is a real job. Only thing I’ll say is I give credit for keeping the V8/manual mustang for one last gen.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Meh. Dark Horse doesn’t really offer anything other then the gen z/bud light name and a 70k+ price tag. Sorry but anyone who signs up for one of those thinks being a “influencer” is a real job.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

It's the last version of the V8 Mustang and it puts out good HP. The video screens are in everything now. Price tag on everything way up, no escaping it. I'll probably buy one before the mandatory alcohol sensing before starting car kicks in.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
It's the last version of the V8 Mustang and it puts out good HP. The video screens are in everything now. Price tag on everything way up, no escaping it. I'll probably buy one before the mandatory alcohol sensing before starting car kicks in.

I get that. I give Ford all the credit in the world for keeping the V8/Manual for one last gen. However, its essentially a GT with a laughable name for quite a bit of money. I feel like there is going to be a ton of buyer’s remorse if Ford decides to release the last high performance version of the S650. Which I can’t see them NOT doing.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm at the point where I can pay cash for near any car I want, but this S650 mustang is definitely not for a guy like me. I own 3 mustangs now, and have owned many more over the years. Apparently Ford is trying to go after a younger demographic that can't afford this car.

I don't know a single young "regular" person that can or should spend this kind of money on a car. I have 2 (of 4) kids that just graduated and are making around $80K and neither are prioritizing cars over paying off their student loans for the next 5 years and then saving for a house. They grew up car people, but know that they need to be careful with depreciating assets.

Last edited:

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
I get that. I give Ford all the credit in the world for keeping the V8/Manual for one last gen. However, its essentially a GT with a laughable name for quite a bit of money. I feel like there is going to be a ton of buyer’s remorse if Ford decides to release the last high performance version of the S650. Which I can’t see them NOT doing.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
It does seem to be marketed as such, however, i believe it does have a tremec and some form of predator internals which everyone seems to skip over when talking about it. I don't understand the need for upgraded internals.

I don't know where it's meant to fall in the mustang lineup but falling short of gt350 hp isn't a good look at the price point and hype.

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
Digging this old thread up. Last week, Ford announced that 2024 V8 Mustangs with manual transmissions are saddled with a gas guzzler tax, the tax starts at $1000. That makes the cheapest 2024 V8 Mustang MSRP over 44K. The days of affordable V8 performance cars are sadly over.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Digging this old thread up. Last week, Ford announced that 2024 V8 Mustangs with manual transmissions are saddled with a gas guzzler tax, the tax starts at $1000. That makes the cheapest 2024 V8 Mustang MSRP over 44K. The days of affordable V8 performance cars are sadly over.

And almost over period :(

Users who are viewing this thread