2024 Ford Mustang Website Build Link Active

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Ehh.. I make good money.

Aint no way I'm affording a 50k car, without essentially hating my life. Sure I could " afford " it, and not have anything else. Say you're average person in this community... 75k gross is what $1200 a week or so if you claim 0, so $4800 a month

Rent in even average cities for a normal house is $1500 a month ( I pay 1500 for a 3/2, with carport in a city of 90k people ) ... even 2/1s are $1200 out here

throw in utilities, cell, internet thats another $700ish likely so thats $2200 a month. Power $200, Cell $150, Internet $100, water and gas is around $100 combined, your streaming shit.. so maybe $500 ish not 700

Food costs for a normal human. $200 a week if you want to eat decent at home. That pushes you to $3000

Say another what? $1000 for going out to eat, just honestly enjoying life? Thats $4000

You know have $800 left for ... a car payment, fuel, insurance.

So lets take out the $1000 for enjoying life so you're back to the $3000.. your 50k car, plus insurance and fuel.. Payment around what 800? Insurance, $150, fuel lets say 100 a week? That's $1350.

That brings you to $4350.. that leaves you essentially $450 for an " oh shit" .. like your dog gets hurt, or say you want to go on a date, or say literally anything happens....
Relax killer. I'm stating the average price of a new car is closing in on $50K, that's all. I didn't ask for you to puke a sample budget to prove or disprove a $50K Mustang is a great deal.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Relax killer. I'm stating the average price of a new car is closing in on $50K, that's all. I didn't ask for you to puke a sample budget to prove or disprove a $50K Mustang is a great deal.

I didnt mean it that way.

I'm saying a run of the mill car being 50k is insane to me. Sure mustangs are great cars, but ****. 50k being the average price for a base model GT mustang. Craziness in my head.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Dark horse with the handling package and recaros, $67k. Yikes.

That's a lot more than Nick sold that GT350 to me for.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

I'm saying a run of the mill car being 50k is insane to me. Sure mustangs are great cars, but ****. 50k being the average price for a base model GT mustang. Craziness in my head.
I agree. I make decent money and drive a econobox "sports" car which cost $34K new. The C8 will likely be the most expensive car I ever buy.

q6543

Established Member
Well… i ordered one. I’m super excited, I went with a
Vapor blue GT, 10R80, active exhaust and black accent pack.
Luckily I have A plan, it came out to 43.4K.
I figure another 10K for the whipple kit to make 800 ish, call it all in for 55k, still less than dark horse MSRP.

In todays world, that is a lot of car for the money.

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
damn, the absolute base GT is basically 41.5 so out the door is like 46k after delivery, tax etc. at msrp. I'll keep my driving my paid off junk for a while longer

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I figure another 10K for the whipple kit to make 800 ish, call it all in for 55k, still less than dark horse MSRP.

That ain't too shabby.

Hopefully by the time it arrives we won't have 6-7% APR still.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Mannnn, didn't even give me a chance. I see how it is.

MG0h3

Established Member

Need to consider what the current GT does as far as performance and the amenities it has compared to 10-15yrs ago.

The performance and amenities improvements have outpaced the price increase haven’t they? I haven’t shopped these but it just seems that way from my perspective.

I bet you could buy a brand new 25k sedan now that is nicer and performs better than a brand new mustang from 2010 that was 30k.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Need to consider what the current GT does as far as performance and the amenities it has compared to 10-15yrs ago.

The performance and amenities improvements have outpaced the price increase haven’t they? I haven’t shopped these but it just seems that way from my perspective.

I bet you could buy a brand new 25k sedan now that is nicer and performs better than a brand new mustang from 2010 that was 30k.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Yes and no.

I could " afford " to go get another 08 500.. for shit half the price. And have just as much fun.

Seats are seats. After two years of 14+ hour days of sitting in the f250. I prefer really any lol

Nothing in my head is telling me to spend 50k on a car, that I will drive maybe 20 miles a day in traffic. As long as I have AC, music. Its all the same to me stop light to stop light

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

That ain't too shabby.

Hopefully by the time it arrives we won't have 6-7% APR still.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Are dealers allowed to lot stock Mustangs or are they still order only?

Yes, they can order stock or retail.

Yes and no.

I could " afford " to go get another 08 500.. for shit half the price. And have just as much fun.

Seats are seats. After two years of 14+ hour days of sitting in the f250. I prefer really any lol

Nothing in my head is telling me to spend 50k on a car, that I will drive maybe 20 miles a day in traffic. As long as I have AC, music. Its all the same to me stop light to stop light

I just got in a 2009 with 20k on it. Punched to a 5.6L, Trinity blower, on pump gas it put down 660rwhp on low boost. When do you want to pick it up? AC blows cold haha

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Yes, they can order stock or retail.

I just got in a 2009 with 20k on it. Punched to a 5.6L, Trinity blower, on pump gas it put down 660rwhp on low boost. When do you want to pick it up? AC blows cold haha

**** that. lol nope nope nope.

I'm focusing on a few things the next 6 months or so, then I will look at a toy. Honestly I'd love a Focus St honestly. Something a little fun, decent gas mileage, that I can throw around a little.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
**** that. lol nope nope nope.

I'm focusing on a few things the next 6 months or so, then I will look at a toy. Honestly I'd love a Focus St honestly. Something a little fun, decent gas mileage, that I can throw around a little.

Dude. You need some flavor in your life.

CompOrange04GT

Established Member
Dude. You need some flavor in your life.

Thats why I'm dating. Lol jk

Im figuring out this 1 income household life. Budgeting it all in. Fixing me. I've had a shit ton of cars.. but I'm at the point of

I want something a " little" fun... has some room to just throw my dog in, that gets decent mpg for road trips to start disappearing on the weekends.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thats why I'm dating. Lol jk

Im figuring out this 1 income household life. Budgeting it all in. Fixing me. I've had a shit ton of cars.. but I'm at the point of

I want something a " little" fun... has some room to just throw my dog in, that gets decent mpg for road trips to start disappearing on the weekends.

I totally understand.

I prefer to drive my truck daily than any car I've ever had.

Users who are viewing this thread