2023 Ranger Tremor: Just picked this up!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
if you hurt the motor theres definitely potential for it to be a problem. if it was tuned, they will figure it out if they want to

Would a JB4 be a better bet if you don't want to have warranty issues?
I know you saw improvements with the BRaptor, do you think its worth it on a vehicle that can be fully tuned?

Legally, they have to prove the modification caused the failure in order to deny a warranty claim. In SC I could help you if you ever had an issue. We have some pretty tough laws for companies that wrongfully deny a warranty or insurance claim.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Man, wish you were licensed in NC! I will probably skip the tune. I am pretty happy with the truck as is. I will be adding an exhaust at some point. But honestly, I am probably going to trade this in this year for a Raptor Ranger. The price difference is not that much more than the Tremor package! @13COBRA, we will be talking soon!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Man, wish you were licensed in NC! I will probably skip the tune. I am pretty happy with the truck as is. I will be adding an exhaust at some point. But honestly, I am probably going to trade this in this year for a Raptor Ranger. The price difference is not that much more than the Tremor package! @13COBRA, we will be talking soon!

Let me know when you decide to sell it. I have a family member who may be in the market for it.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Wanting to add after market exhaust. Do not want it loud. My Jeep has a Flowmaster FlowFX and it rattles windows and wakes the dead.

Would like a low tone that sounds good.

Any suggestions? I have no idea with the 2.3L

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Wanting to add after market exhaust. Do not want it loud. My Jeep has a Flowmaster FlowFX and it rattles windows and wakes the dead.

Would like a low tone that sounds good.

Any suggestions? I have no idea with the 2.3L

Sent from my SM-S908U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Have you tried putting a v8 in it?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
LOL nah, looking for sound over performance. We'll have it paid off in 12 months and plan to trade it for a Raptor Ranger then!

We will certainly go through Nick again! Fantastic service!

Ask the guys at 5 Star. They've done a bunch of Ranger and can lead you in the right direction on the exhaust.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
MBRP. I have the turn down version and it sounds nice.

I know Sid does a lot of 5 Star stuff on here, but their tuning for my Ranger was crap and others have had issues as well. I would steer clear on them for tuning at least. From experience they make nice power, but a lot of drivability issues and one guy popped an engine. Of course you can never be sure it was the tune that did it, but I had a lot of pinging with mine under load and I saw the pics of his damage and it was LSPI for sure. They did cover the engine under their optional tune warranty though.

Superspirit

Established Member
For a great tone that's not obnoxious go for the Gibson dual outlet system. I have it on my 22 and it sounds great No Drone like the mbrp I had on the wife's EcoBoost mustang. Just a sweet Mellow tone.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
MBRP. I have the turn down version and it sounds nice.

I know Sid does a lot of 5 Star stuff on here, but their tuning for my Ranger was crap and others have had issues as well. I would steer clear on them for tuning at least. From experience they make nice power, but a lot of drivability issues and one guy popped an engine. Of course you can never be sure it was the tune that did it, but I had a lot of pinging with mine under load and I saw the pics of his damage and it was LSPI for sure. They did cover the engine under their optional tune warranty though.
I had problems with their tune on my 2021 F150. Thing would stutter mid range while passing.

I do think it was the way they ramp the power all in at the beginning of the RPM range. Truck hit hard as hell but felt like it was trying to save itself.

Had good luck with Unleashed in the past so went to him, explained my issues and he built me a custom tune that just flat out works. Not a single issue and the truck hauls the mail. Initial torque hit isnt there like 5star but it doesnt feel like im beating the truck to death. It still makes a ton of steam just feels like stock power delivery until i ask for it.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Ended up going with the MBRP dual. It's pretty quiet. No drone and there is quite a noticeable acceleration gain. Also Roush CAI with big mouth ram-air intake. Very pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread