2023 Ford Super Duty Gets Major Power Increases - 500 HP & 1,200 Lb-Ft

C2tuck

Established Member
I have a couple 361 FT motors that disagree with that statement.

I’m talking new production.

Towed an empty 40’ gooseneck with a 2018 F-350 gas and it was pathetic. Literally redlining at every shift point, slow, and had no cajones…

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
My 22 is noticably better on fuel compared to my 15. I want that HO Stroke, though.

I pull heavy a lot. Like, stupid heavy. Friends remind me its a pickup, not a semi. They're wrong.
Now you can call yourself...."half a semi".

Maybe draw a limp hot dog on the side for a mascot.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I’m talking new production.

Towed an empty 40’ gooseneck with a 2018 F-350 gas and it was pathetic. Literally redlining at every shift point, slow, and had no cajones…

i'll never understand this... Just how "fast" is a truck supposed to be while pulling a 40ft trailer? Were you drag racing a tesla in the next lane?

people call the godzilla engine "gutless" when it literally has twice the hp and more torque than a cummins 5.9l 12v. I swear diesel bros are bath at math.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i'll never understand this... Just how "fast" is a truck supposed to be while pulling a 40ft trailer? Were you drag racing a tesla in the next lane?

people call the godzilla engine "gutless" when it literally has twice the hp and more torque than a cummins 5.9l 12v. I swear diesel bros are bath at math.

I'd be interested to see a torque curve comparison of the two.

You don't need to be fast per say but it's dangerous when you can't get out of the damned way (ie merge into traffic)

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I'd be interested to see a torque curve comparison of the two.

You don't need to be fast per say but it's dangerous when you can't get out of the damned way (ie merge into traffic)

of course the torque curve is heavily biased to low rpm on a diesel. That honestly doesnt matter that much when you have 10gears available. Its not like you drive and just state at peak torque all the time

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
of course the torque curve is heavily biased to low rpm on a diesel. That honestly doesnt matter that much when you have 10gears available. Its not like you drive and just state at peak torque all the time

I just drive my 2-barrel 361 at WOT all the time. Makes it easier to float gears.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Anyone here taken delivery of an HO 6.7 yet? Im on my second "normal" 6.7 (17 and 21), and I'm curious....

Users who are viewing this thread