2023 F-150 Raptor R | 5.2L Supercharged V8 | 700 HP & 640 lb.-ft. | Proof Ford Knows What We Want

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
AND before anyone thinks these are isolated incidents... vabortel is a higfh volume vette dealer.... i am BQJC52 Order Tracking - Van Bortel Corvette they sell ALOT of corvettes... not as many as the 900 vettes kerbick did... but couple hundred.

Oh, definitely not abnormal right now. We just delivered a 2022 F-150 Platinum today that the guy ordered on October 15th of last year.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Damn haha

We ordered a new couch, oversized chair and loveseat 12/26/20 and received it 11/12/21. Insanity.
Shits flipping expensive too Nick. Of course, my wife wanted Tommy Bahama. The whole room, plus the breakfast nook has the same brand.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Shits flipping expensive too Nick. Of course, my wife wanted Tommy Bahama. The whole room, plus the breakfast nook has the same brand.

You spoil her.

I meant to text you the other day. I won an award and they gave me a real ban hammer.

1658788122101.png

Last edited:

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I don't understand the point of this truck. The eco raptor is already more capable than the TRX and a better prerunner. IF this was just for a dick swinging contest, why would Ford not give it more power than TRX?

@SID297 Can you look into the following?
1. Why is the crank different than the GT500?
2. Why is the oil pan different? They say deep sump, but the gt500 is already high capacity and has significant baffling and trap doors. I have read this oil pan is better than the FR500 racecar.
3. With a smaller pulley than GT500, it should be making more boost and thus more power. Is it turned down in the tuning?
4. I would have thought they would put a 10r140 from the super duty behind this, since the power stroke makes 1000ft-lbs stock. We were always told 4r70, 6r80, 10r80 meant 800 NM, not ft lbs. That is about 600 ft lbs. I cannot find anywhere online saying this 10r80 has upgrade clutches etc, just that it has a different converter and tuning. Any word of upgraded clutches? Either material or more added?
5. Why is it only optioned with 37s?
6. This engine and gen 3 5.0 have factory fluid crank pulley. Are these good upgrades for other 5.0s?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I don't understand the point of this truck. The eco raptor is already more capable than the TRX and a better prerunner. IF this was just for a dick swinging contest, why would Ford not give it more power than TRX?

2. Why is the oil pan different? They say deep sump, but the gt500 is already high capacity and has significant baffling and trap doors. I have read this oil pan is better than the FR500 racecar.
3. With a smaller pulley than GT500, it should be making more boost and thus more power. Is it turned down in the tuning?
4. I would have thought they would put a 10r140 from the super duty behind this, since the power stroke makes 1000ft-lbs stock. We were always told 4r70, 6r80, 10r80 meant 800 NM, not ft lbs. That is about 600 ft lbs. I cannot find anywhere online saying this 10r80 has upgrade clutches etc, just that it has a different converter and tuning. Any word of upgraded clutches? Either material or more added?
6. This engine and gen 3 5.0 have factory fluid crank pulley. Are these good upgrades for other 5.0s?

I agree. While it is definitely badass, some of it leaves you scratching your head a little.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

There’s a good number that loved the gen 1 and hated the gen 2. Guess why?
I know with the 6TT ford can say they are the green corp but I would love a 7.3n/a Raptor and blown 5.2 Raptor R. Unfortunately if you want an 8 you have to get the R.

Ive been hearing just above 2k R’s.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
There’s a good number that loved the gen 1 and hated the gen 2. Guess why?
I know with the 6TT ford can say they are the green corp but I would love a 7.3n/a Raptor and blown 5.2 Raptor R. Unfortunately if you want an 8 you have to get the R.

Ive been hearing just above 2k R’s.
The removal of the 6.2 was disappointing to say the least. Yes, the 6TT is pretty quick (even I'll admit such since I have a regular one and was more than surprised by the punch after tuning) but there is an old saying that is never wrong. "There is no replacement for displacement." Everything that can be done to a TT6 can be done to a big angry V8 to produce more. And just in case I failed to pickup on digital sarcasm, the TT6 gets what I'd consider relatively shitty fuel economy around town. 15mpg is nothing to call home about. Hell my 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII with the 32V intech motor would get 33 on the interstate and about 20 in town and I drove that car like I stole it. Drive an F truck like I drove that car and its a 12mpg gas hog. Fuel economy has never driven demand and thus it gets a backseat until the worthless gov't shows up and demands more economy for CAFE. IF it had, and if people were really worried about the climate change hoax they'd all be in EV's or driving scooters to work. Demand drives products. And people demand performance over economy quite frequently.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The removal of the 6.2 was disappointing to say the least. Yes, the 6TT is pretty quick (even I'll admit such since I have a regular one and was more than surprised by the punch after tuning) but there is an old saying that is never wrong. "There is no replacement for displacement." Everything that can be done to a TT6 can be done to a big angry V8 to produce more. And just in case I failed to pickup on digital sarcasm, the TT6 gets what I'd consider relatively shitty fuel economy around town. 15mpg is nothing to call home about. Hell my 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII with the 32V intech motor would get 33 on the interstate and about 20 in town and I drove that car like I stole it. Drive an F truck like I drove that car and its a 12mpg gas hog. Fuel economy has never driven demand and thus it gets a backseat until the worthless gov't shows up and demands more economy for CAFE. IF it had, and if people were really worried about the climate change hoax they'd all be in EV's or driving scooters to work. Demand drives products. And people demand performance over economy quite frequently.
Your last statement is going to be why people pay $200k for the R.

stang99x

Old Fox
Established Member
Your last statement is going to be why people pay $200k for the R.
Actually, Ford corporate has become irritated to the point of taking action against dealers selling over msrp. Chrysler started penalizing all dealers who sold over MSRP a while back. If you are found doing it, they take away your allotment for high demand vehicles. It sounds like Ford is about to do the same so that the dealers won't be able to do those ridiculous priced sales. That won't stop your average Joe from buying one and then turning around and jacking it up. But it could make the game a lot more fair for those ready to throw down on standard MSRP.

blk02edge

Established Member
In before people realize a stock lighting pro gaps TF outta it... and don't get me started on what a rivian will do.

BuT they HaVe nO sOuL
I'm 5 months late to the party but you are dumber than an un cooked potato...

Users who are viewing this thread