2023 F-150 Raptor R | 5.2L Supercharged V8 | 700 HP & 640 lb.-ft. | Proof Ford Knows What We Want

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
lol..... u guys sound like 2 wiseguys discussing important business... and ONE guy doesnt wanna answer the question.

Me when I heard

tenor.gif

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
Coming in at just a few hp less than the TRX is an interesting move. It's almost as if they didn't want to give Ram a reason to blow them out of the water before we ever see an R in the wild.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Coming in at just a few hp less than the TRX is an interesting move. It's almost as if they didn't want to give Ram a reason to blow them out of the water before we ever see an R in the wild.

I agree. It will certainly top the current TRX, but it sounds like it comes at the cost of ultra rarity.

Time will tell what "low' volumes actually translates to. Are we talking 2000 Cobra R (~300), or GT500 type limited numbers (~5K)?

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
I wonder if this is the typical Ford move of saying a number at reveal then adding 10-20 hp later, like the 400HP Bronco Raptor getting 418 at launch.

I agree. It will certainly top the current TRX, but it sounds like it comes at the cost of ultra rarity.

Time will tell what "low' volumes actually translates to. Are we talking 2000 Cobra R (~300), or GT500 type limited numbers (~5K)?

@13COBRA can correct me if I'm way off, but over on the Raptor forums, someone posted roughly 2400 this year, then roughly 7500 V6 Raptors.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
You don't have a waiting list? My dealer said he has at least 20 on his list already. And that was on Monday.
Could be bullshitting just to create a very nice fat ADM to the first buying customers wanting to bite.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
You don't have a waiting list? My dealer said he has at least 20 on his list already. And that was on Monday.
The dealer my pops just ordered his 23 Raptor from says they have 15 people on a list for a Raptor R, but only 1 person has actually come in place an order (25K mark up). Since no one on this "list" was responding, they offered to place one for him too (so super duper generous with only a 15K mark up as his 22 Raptor order never got accepted), but $109k + 10K was a little steep for him.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
@13COBRA can correct me if I'm way off, but over on the Raptor forums, someone posted roughly 2400 this year, then roughly 7500 V6 Raptors.

Thanks.

I would have thought Ford would sell more Raptors than that. If those numbers are accurate, 25% of total Raptor production going to the R is a healthy split.

FWIW, the TRX is somewhere in the neighborhood of 15K units/yr.

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
That's higher than what I've heard.
I rounded up a bit. No time for simple math!

Do you know why the total production is so low? Is it purely chip shortage and keeping Raptors at a set percentage of total F150 sales? I'm sure the Raptor, and especially the Raptor R, have a high profit margin and they can sell more than 7500 / 2400.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I rounded up a bit. No time for simple math!

Do you know why the total production is so low? Is it purely chip shortage and keeping Raptors at a set percentage of total F150 sales? I'm sure the Raptor, and especially the Raptor R, have a high profit margin and they can sell more than 7500 / 2400.

Because Ford is 2 years behind filling regular F-150 orders for their fleet and commercial customers...which are much more profitable than a Raptor or Raptor R.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Still ugly, but at least it has a proper engine in it now. Only if they would’ve done this for the Gen 2.

I’m curious to see how the 10-speed will handle extra power once people start modding them.

dan1982

Established Member
Because Ford is 2 years behind filling regular F-150 orders for their fleet and commercial customers...which are much more profitable than a Raptor or Raptor R.
lol.. some people DONT KNOW how ****ed up this market and world really is right now. Im at month 18 waiting for a regular c8 vette....

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
lol.. some people DONT KNOW how ****ed up this market and world really is right now. Im at month 18 waiting for a regular c8 vette....

Man, I'm on month 10 of waiting on a regular Expedition. It is definitely crazy times.

Users who are viewing this thread