2023 escalade v 682hp

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Starting at $150k, 682hp not gonna move a 6500lb SUV very fast. It’s about the same price as a Model X Plaid that runs frickin 9.7s FFS. Yeah the Plaid isn’t a full size SUV but it has 3rd row seat and frunk for plenty of storage.

Not like anyone cares about efficiency but, what, 11-12mpg? Vs. a tri-motor EV with 350 miles of range on about $6 worth of electricity with a home adapter and overnight charge.

GM is behind the times on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
If you can afford this mpg isnt a concern. This thing will be plenty fast for what it is, and be able to tow your $$ boat. Id take one over a tesla any day myself.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

No doubt man - but if you start driving this around a lot, you’re talking about $10-$15k a year in gas! My car was close to $100k all said and done and I still care about gas lol. Premium gas is outrageously expensive, I drive my Fusion a lot to not blow away too much money to the gas man lol.

My next car related investment will definitely be a Tesla.

kaz109

Established Member
I like the idea and I’m glad GM made it happen but I’d still take a GLS63 over this. I think GM needs to be cheaper than the German competitors and with a starting price of 150k that is a well equipped GLS63….

I think the new Escalade is very nice and it does have a luxury feel to it ( all previous V cars have cheaper interiors imo) it’s still not to the quality and luxury of the new Benz interior imo

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
One of my buddies (key word here) WAS number 1 on our local high volume Caddy dealers list for this beast. He has bought 5 new Escalades from them in the past several years. Just before gas went crazy expensive the dealership called him and informed him they would require a $50k addendum for this Escalade V. When he brought up his loyalty, they replied with "We are putting a $100k addendum on others"
Needless to say he dropped off the list.
There are many rumors of dealers asking 100k over on C8Z06s..... between the stock market dropping and gas soaring, this car craziness has to slow down at some point.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
I want it but not sure if you can get it in the ESV and also a $40k premium over the platinum...too rich. My people would let me have it at MSRP but damn.

Dusten

Established Member
No doubt man - but if you start driving this around a lot, you’re talking about $10-$15k a year in gas! My car was close to $100k all said and done and I still care about gas lol. Premium gas is outrageously expensive, I drive my Fusion a lot to not blow away too much money to the gas man lol.

At 11mpg and 5.50 a gallon $10,000 in fuel is 20,000 miles. I just don't see an Escalade owner driving 20,000 miles a year

I also feel those buying this are not cross shopping a Tesla x that closely.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
707hp and 11 mpg is a 6klbs truck seems to be selling well. I think this will do fine.

For sure.

Nah just commenting that no one should be talking about the "bad" MPG for a truck like this. If you are worried about fuel bills then don't bother thinking about a fullsize supercharged SUV that has 682hp.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member

I’d have to drive a fusion too if I gave the stealership all my money in ADMs buying a GT500….

Also you used the word “investment”. Which vehicle is worth more in 8 years, the Escalade V or any Tesla?

1652452213727.gif

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Starting at $150k, 682hp not gonna move a 6500lb SUV very fast. It’s about the same price as a Model X Plaid that runs frickin 9.7s FFS. Yeah the Plaid isn’t a full size SUV but it has 3rd row seat and frunk for plenty of storage.

Not like anyone cares about efficiency but, what, 11-12mpg? Vs. a tri-motor EV with 350 miles of range on about $6 worth of electricity with a home adapter and overnight charge.

Bruh.. .just ask one of the squad members out for dinner already to discuss how harmful carbon is to the planet.

You even lift, bro?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I’d have to drive a fusion too if I gave the stealership all my money in ADMs buying a GT500….

Also you used the word “investment”. Which vehicle is worth more in 8 years, the Escalade V or any Tesla?

View attachment 1748472

This Caddy has the potential to bring good money for a long time coming.

TORQUERULES

Established Member

This.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread