2023 Corvette Z06 vs 2022 Ford GT

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I look at it like this,

Would I take one if it was given to me? Hell yes.
Would I drool over one in the wild? Yes.
Would it be cooler with a large V8 making V8 sounds? Yes.
Is it a wasted argument? Definitely yes.

Having said that, after I hit a large lottery, one of the first things I’m buying is an 05/06 GT

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I don't think it being a v6 is the problem. It's that it's very similar to what is in millions of other vehicles on the road and was marketed as so.

I think that's it mostly. Realistic expectations or not, some were hoping for a bespoke exotic engine. The V6 ecoboost just provided another thing to nitpick and have to endlessly explain to the uniformed that there is essentially nothing in common with the engine in a Taurus lol.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I think that's it mostly. Realistic expectations or not, some were hoping for a bespoke exotic engine. The V6 ecoboost just provided another thing to nitpick and have to endlessly explain to the uniformed that there is essentially nothing in common with the engine in a Taurus lol.

Outside of Yamaha building engines for the Taurus, when has Ford ever done a completely bespoke engine for one of its special production vehicles? All of them have been based off the existing engine offerings.

Mentioning Yamaha now, I bet if they had built the motor then there would actually be a change in tune. That actually would have been pretty cool.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Outside of Yamaha building engines for the Taurus, when has Ford ever done a completely bespoke engine for one of its special production vehicles? All of them have been based off the existing engine offerings.

Mentioning Yamaha now, I bet if they had built the motor then there would actually be a change in tune. That actually would have been pretty cool.

100% agree. They also never built a $500K-1Mil car before. Expectations were unrealistic.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
It would be cool as **** if they put in a tweaked 800hp version of the predator.

That would just devour ALL and please everyone but Greta Thunburger.

“ALL” except the almighty Trinity, eh?

funny face genie GIF by C8

dan1982

Established Member
This aphorism has ceased to be relevant since the advent of FI. A 2.0 with 100 lbs of boost has waaaay more "displacement" than an NA motor of any size.
well.. as the owner of a 600 PLUS hp 4 cylinder motor(1300ccs) motorcycle. I can tell you that its not the same. A big ole V8 has power down low and when its NOT in boost. low compression 4 cylinder motors dont have the same charms as big swingin dick v8s do. I love both styles though...... however. I love the down low power everywhere. My c8 is only marginally more powerful than my 2014 mustang was... BUT... the way that these motors go about making power is completely different. My mustang felt gutless below 3500 rpms, and then would COME ALIVE dramatically above 3500 rpms. The vette feels like it could pull a big oak tree right out of the ground just off idle.... the power is everywhere in the vette. Just off idle it pulls HARD, my mustang required a driver to get it to be fast and get it into its powerband... the mustang rewarded a GOOD driver.

blk02edge

Established Member
well.. as the owner of a 600 PLUS hp 4 cylinder motor(1300ccs) motorcycle. I can tell you that its not the same. A big ole V8 has power down low and when its NOT in boost. low compression 4 cylinder motors dont have the same charms as big swingin dick v8s do. I love both styles though...... however. I love the down low power everywhere. My c8 is only marginally more powerful than my 2014 mustang was... BUT... the way that these motors go about making power is completely different. My mustang felt gutless below 3500 rpms, and then would COME ALIVE dramatically above 3500 rpms. The vette feels like it could pull a big oak tree right out of the ground just off idle.... the power is everywhere in the vette. Just off idle it pulls HARD, my mustang required a driver to get it to be fast and get it into its powerband... the mustang rewarded a GOOD driver.
That's a lot of words for someone who kisses boys on the lips

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Was your mustang highlighter yellow, as well? My source tells me that alone shifts the powerband by 2000 RPM.

dan1982

Established Member
Was your mustang highlighter yellow, as well? My source tells me that alone shifts the powerband by 2000 RPM.
bro... everyone who sees this car loves it. ALLL THE press cars were yellow. Its beautiful in person. This car looks the best in yellow because u SEE THE LINES of the car because of the bright color. Ever see a black c8? you cant even see the boomerang on the side. ALLLLLL the lines disappear. The car has ALOT of lines that are gorgeous... and yellowr or orange show them off. i didnt want orange. My mustang was murdered out.
2020-chevrolet-corvette.jpg

dan1982

Established Member
I love black... i even considered ordering the c8 in black and THEN just having the rocker panels powdercoated or painted white/ along with powdercoating the boomerang white and maybe white stripes down the hood.... But in the end. THE c8 just looks mundane as a black car. imho anyway... the car HAS TO be a bright color to see the lines. THATS what makes the c8 special.. in part anyway... a million different lines. Im NOT a rich man and i worked ALOT of OT to be able to even buy this car. It was a HUGE purchase for me... I put alot of thought into which color and was second guessing myself for the ENTIRE time i waited for it(17 months). As soon as i saw it, i felt better. The car pulls it off beautifully. Chevy did an unbelievable job. And i feel truly blessed, i got more than i asked for.

Last edited:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I think you guys overtrain on the V8 sound issue. Here's a turbo V8 and a turbo V6, both racing cars being driven in anger. Tell me which one sounds better to you, because I think they're both awesome.

V8:

V6:

Now, we could talk N/A vs turbo sound; that's no contest in my book...

MG0h3

Established Member
I think you guys overtrain on the V8 sound issue. Here's a turbo V8 and a turbo V6, both racing cars being driven in anger. Tell me which one sounds better to you, because I think they're both awesome.

V8:

V6:

Now, we could talk N/A vs turbo sound; that's no contest in my book...

Girl I’m dating drives a Masserati that I swore was a V8. I can hear it idling in my driveway.

Turbo V6

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread